Thread: Atheros AR9485 wifi adaptor of my HP Pavilion G6 1165SA is not working properly.

Atheros AR9485 wifi adaptor of my HP Pavilion G6 1165SA is not working properly.

Guys, I am currently using HP Pavilion G6 1165SA. I have atheros AR9485 wifi adapter in my laptop.Actually you know it connects to my netgear Wireless-N 300 router (WNR2000v2) and it gives a very good signal speed say about 150 Mbps. It works ok but you know after sometimes it gets stop I don’t why? Then it shows me that internet connection has been failed. Very often It works fine and after sometimes why is it so? Along with that I have limited the router speed say about 50mbps also, but it doesn’t show any reaction. So can anyone tell me what would be the problem and how I solve it?

Re: Atheros AR9485 wifi adaptor of my HP Pavilion G6 1165SA is not working properly.

Dude, this type of problem I have heard on many types of forums. I gave the tricks so many people it worked for those people who used this. I just wanted to give you same technique. First of all I would suggest you that please download the atheros driver from here Atheros wifi driver. It will helps in solving your driver problem. One more thing I will tell you please update your netgear routers firmware to the latest version. Be careful if you are doing update keep in mind it is an advance task so I will recommend you please read the instruction properly. If will not read the instruction properly it will brick your router.

Re: Atheros AR9485 wifi adaptor of my HP Pavilion G6 1165SA is not working properly.

Dude, I have hp laptop G6 1265SA which was bought from argos. I had the same problem; these steps help me so I would suggest you that please use these steps.
    1> Go to start and from there please select the control panel.
    2> After that select hardware and sound.
    3> After that select the device manager.
    4> Then after please open the network adapter by clicking on name.
    5> Select the driver Atheros AR9485.
    6> Then after right click on this and select the property.
    7> After that you will see different type of tab in that you just select the “Power management”.
    8> Here I would suggest you that unchecked or deselect the button which says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    9> And lastly press button OK.

Hi, I am also having a HP laptop. I would suggest you that download the Virgin Superhub and installed it. It’s Netgear CG3101D, I am sure it will connect all wifi devices in the house immediately. I would say that It will work properly. Instead of using the separate modem and router please use virgin superhub. You also aware of that each of router and modem require its own power supply. This makes the setup process very easily one more it doesn’t require any extra antenna.