Thread: Is there any E-Ink tablets?

Is there any E-Ink tablets?

I am really looking for E-Ink tablet. I don’t want a Ereader, I need a real Tablet pc with good CPU and RAM. At least it should have Intel Atom and 1 GB RAM and it must have a E-Ink display. If there is one with LCD display then I am not going to buy it in any way. I have heard that E-Ink has very poor refresh rate. Is there any real tablet PC with E-INK display?

The current E-Ink readers capable to only browse the web and read documents but they are with poor CPU and with several more limitations. If there is one with Android then it would be the best choice for me.

Re: Is there any E-Ink tablets?

Majority of programs which needs to be run on tablets require a higher refresh rate but it cannot be get through the e-ink because the e-ink screen cannot deliver that much amount of refresh rate. So due to this I don’t think that there is really a market for e-ink tablets. Many people buy tablet for the intention of playing colorful games, watch videos, etc and this cannot be possible using e-ink.

Epson and E Ink announced joint development of an electronic tablet of 300-dpi text and images with high clarity. Because of their improved readability and ease of use, it is expected that Electronic Document Reader to be successful in business and education, which require fast and accurate visualization of large amounts of information.

E Ink will be responsible for manufacturing, sales and customer service screens electronic tablets newly developed 300-dpi, which measure 9.68 inches (diagonal) and feature 2,400 x 1,650 pixels. These high resolution screens similar to the role fully displayed the best characteristics of electronic ape: text and sharp images on a screen good for the eyes, so light, slim and extremely low energy consumption. While Epson will handle the manufacturing, sales and customer service display controller optimized for high-speed control for high-res E Ink screen. Thereafter, E Ink and Epson plan to continue collaborating in the promotion of electronic tablets within the business sector and developing educational technologies expand and improve product lines and providing customer service.

I have tried to gather a realistic idea of the e-ink technology, both Tablet PC and UMPC. I do not know if you succeed in the mass market, but this is not the only possible scale for measuring the success of an innovation. As in other niches in education are proving decisive differences marking devices. The first tablet Amazon will be made by Quanta Computer, but the good news is that it will mount the touch screen EPD (electrophoretic display) E-Ink. In practice, according to rumors Quanta should start shipping the tablet

Quote Originally Posted by tHeDa! View Post
    I am really looking for E-Ink tablet. I don’t want a Ereader, I need a real Tablet pc with good CPU and RAM. At least it should have Intel Atom and 1 GB RAM and it must have a E-Ink display. If there is one with LCD display then I am not going to buy it in any way. I have heard that E-Ink has very poor refresh rate. Is there any real tablet PC with E-INK display?

The current E-Ink readers capable to only browse the web and read documents but they are with poor CPU and with several more limitations. If there is one with Android then it would be the best choice for me.
    I really do agree with your opinion. I am also waiting for the same thing from the past several months but couldn’t get any yet. There are already several e-ink readers with different screen sizes. They are capable to read pdf files with many images, graphs, etc. But I am looking for to read pdfs on high resolution display with amount of ram and processor speed. If it is running Android, I will surely buy one.

I think that for this we need to wait for some more months or may be years. I know that color e-ink is good enough and it is really cheap enough in order to replace current LCD/LED displays. It can also compete with some other new technology. I would love to use e-ink device, about 8" to 9", if is running Android. But it needs very serious improvements.