Thread: Android based tablet with good screen for PDFs

Android based tablet with good screen for PDFs

I am willing to get an Android based tablet with good screen for PDFs basically the ones that will be easy for eyes, I have checked out the E-ink sadly but then it is not capable of fast paging ,flipping and zooming for Heavy technical PDFs, I also want the tablet to be open to rooting so that I can load it with some third party e-reading applications that I really like. I am having a price range of $150-$250, is there anyone who can suggest me some??

Re: Android based tablet with good screen for PDFs

I am willing to get an Android based tablet with good screen for PDFs basically the ones that will be easy for eyes, I have checked out the E-ink sadly but then it is not capable of fast paging ,flipping and zooming for Heavy technical PDFs, I also want the tablet to be open to rooting so that I can load it with some third party e-reading applications that I really like. I am having a price range of $150-$250, is there anyone who can suggest me some??
    In that case you can check out the below ones:
    • Acer Iconia A100
    • Acer Iconia A500
    • Ainol Elf
    • Aurora 7

Just check out the same and then let me know what you think about the same.

I have checked the reviews of the Acer Iconia A100, A500 but then I am not very sure if they are capable for prolonged reading, I am really confused because I have got varying reviews. As far as the Ainol Elf and the Aurora 7 is concerned I am not satisfied with the quality control and I really don’t think that it is actually meant for ebook reading,

I think that the Amazon Kindle Fire will be a good choice here as it is having the features that you are looking for:
    • Amazon Quality Control
    • Dual core CPU
    • Open to rooting
    • Gorillaglass screen 1024x600

If you want then you can check out the Asus Transformer series as well, it seems to be better.

I have just gone through them and I have found that the Amazon Kindle Fire is having too glossy and glare screen and I am not just comfortable with the same. The other Asus Transformer is having nice screen as well as for reading but then it is quite expensive and is not in my budget as well, is there some other one that you can suggest??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I think that anyone from the below one will be a better choice as per for requirement and your budget:
    • Asus EA800
    • B&N Nook Tablet
    • B&N Nook Color

Just check them one and then let us know what you think about them, Best of luck.

This is what I think:
    • Asus EA800- it is not an open Android tablet so I won’t be able to root it.
    • B&N Nook Tablet- I have found that the B&N seems to be against jailbreaking of its garden and that is not making it unfriendly.
    • B&N Nook Color- It is having an older CPU and the huge PDF will get messy on it.

I don’t know why you do not like the above ones, anyways below are the other options that you can check out:
    • Jetbook Color
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab(7, 8.9, 10.1)

I think that the Samsung Galaxy Tab will be the best choice but then you will have to spend some more than you are willing to. I think that this would be quite worth as per your requirement.

My vote will go for Iconia Tab A500 I have been using the same and it is capable of handling technical docs as well as schematics and it just works great as well.

As far as the Glossy screen is concerned you can solved that issue out using screen protectors, I think that one should use the same for touch screen devices without any doubts.