Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Kindle Touch vs Nook Touch vs Kobo Touch

Portable Devices

Old 04-03-2012

Kindle Touch vs Nook Touch vs Kobo Touch

I am willing to get an ebook reader and I have checked out for the same and have chose Kindle Touch and Nook Touch and Kobo Touch to be my option but then now I am getting confused between the same, I mean that I am not able to decide which one should I choose, is there anyone who can help me decide and get the best one amongst these by notifying me above the likes and dislikes of these book readers???

Old 04-03-2012

Re: Kindle Touch vs Nook Touch vs Kobo Touch

Quote:
I am willing to get an ebook reader and I have checked out for the same and have chose Kindle Touch and Nook Touch and Kobo Touch to be my option but then now I am getting confused between the same, I mean that I am not able to decide which one should I choose, is there anyone who can help me decide and get the best one amongst these by notifying me above the likes and dislikes of these book readers???
I will suggest you to get Kindle Touch, it is really a lightweight and a very simple and ease for reading the ebooks, I have bought the same and it is just working great by now, you can easily get it from the Best Buy or amazon, if this will be going to your first ebook reader than Kindle Touch will be a smart choice.
Old 04-03-2012

I really donít think so, I have been using the Kindle Touch and the things I really donít like about it is that it does not displays the page numbers rather displays the percentage, I really get irritated when the page gets skipped while reading and then I have to find it out guessing out the percentage or skipping some pages here and there, while reading the footnotes it gets more irritating as I have to go all the way back to the page where the footnote had originated, you can say that these things are the biggest drawback of the, I think that the Nook Touch will be best for you as you can just keep a track of the page numbers and if you hit a footnote then the back button out there will help you out and you wonít have to go all the way back to the footnote originated.
Old 04-03-2012

I agree to you for that but then the size of the Nook Touch as a ebook reader is really not good, I have checked reviews about the same and I have found that the Barnes & Noble has a DRM on their ebooks and a no of books are just exclusive to Amazon because of which I am just not able to get them from any other place and I think that this is the biggest drawback of the Nook, so I will still recommend you to get the Kindle Touch.
Old 04-03-2012

I think that a better choice for you will be Kobo Touch, I have bought it a week again and it seems to be the best as an ebook reader, I think that from the ones that has been mentioned above the Kobo Touch is having the best design, the best part that I like about it is that by updating the software I am able to add a no of things like fonts, page margins, etc, I really think that the Kobo Touch will a better choice as compared to that of the Nook Touch and the kindle touch.
Old 04-03-2012

Quote:
I think that a better choice for you will be Kobo Touch, I have bought it a week again and it seems to be the best as an ebook reader, I think that from the ones that has been mentioned above the Kobo Touch is having the best design, the best part that I like about it is that by updating the software I am able to add a no of things like fonts, page margins, etc, I really think that the Kobo Touch will a better choice as compared to that of the Nook Touch and the kindle touch.

I donít think the same, I mean that I have checked out Kobo Touch and the things that I did not like about it was that the Kobo's e-book store is having less stuff as compared to that of the Barnes & Noble and the Amazon, the other thing that I wanted to share but then I am not that sure about the same is the "wish list", I mean that I doubt if the Kobo Touch has a "wish list" as I have not yet seen the same on their store from my web browser, I think that a "wish list" is kind of must in a ebook reader. So I think that the Nook Touch will be the best.
Old 04-03-2012

Thanks to you all for sharing your experience with your ebook readers but then
  • I am willing to get one having following:
  • I donít want a fancy one it should be simple
  • One that will be easy in returning back from a footnote
  • Page numbering should be there
  • Should be having the latest e-ink technology
  • Lastly a Good customer service
So from the above demands the Kindle Touch and the Kobo Touch are appearing to e fulfilling quite of them and I just wanted to know that will it be possible to get books that are DRM free and then read the same on Kindle? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same???
Old 05-03-2012

As far as I know you should not have any issues in handling books that you might be getting from outside the Amazon on the Kindle Touch and if at all the book might be DRM free then you can just "sideload" if it is MOBI formatted or you can just convert the same with the help of the Calibre if it is ePub formatted and after that you can again sideload it without any issues.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,