Thread: E-book reader capable of Notetaking and handling huge pdf. Documents

E-book reader capable of Notetaking and handling huge pdf. Documents

I am planning to get an e-book reader but then I am looking after the one that will be capable of Notetaking and handling huge pdf. Documents, actually I need the same for my job and there are a no of very huge quality pdf document which I will have to read, I have checked out some ebook readers and have found that the there are few ebook readers that provide external memories but then they are not capable of handling files having 30+ Mb and hand scans, so just wanted to know is there any device that can handle huge files like that???

Re: E-book reader capable of Notetaking and handling huge pdf. Documents

I am planning to get an e-book reader but then I am looking after the one that will be capable of Notetaking and handling huge pdf. Documents, actually I need the same for my job and there are a no of very huge quality pdf document which I will have to read, I have checked out some ebook readers and have found that the there are few ebook readers that provide external memories but then they are not capable of handling files having 30+ Mb and hand scans, so just wanted to know is there any device that can handle huge files like that???
    See as far as the external storage is concerned then you can get the Kindle and if you want then you can also use cloud services like Dropbox to get mode storage as you have mentioned that there are a no of files that are quite large in your case, the other thing that I wanted to share if you are looking at one being capable of handling hand scans then you can check out some Android tablets but then make sure that they are 9-10" tablet.

Even I was thinking of getting a android tablet that can do the task of reading ebooks and Notetaking but then for now I am looking for more choices, I also wanted to share that I also do the job of highlighting document as most of the documents that I deal with are technical books/ documents, so keep that same in mind and suggest me some other ones if you are aware of it.

In that case I will like to add that I am having Asus Transformer and it is really capable of handling PDFs without any issues but then I have not yet tried out large files with the size that you have mentioned and as far as the highlighting/notetaking is concerned I think that it is more of choosing a program say ezPDF Reader and you need to have a Capacitive stylus as well and in this scenario I think that you can check out the Sony product.

I have checked out some of the Sony product which is quite capable of Notetaking and handling huge pdf. Documents and there we can also use your handwriting to underline books but then I am not that yet satisfied with the review of the same and I doubt that it will be capable of performing well, I have found a no of people mentioning that it is performing slow and all, anyways I just wanted to add that I have was just going through the reviews and have found mentioning that the Adonit Jot and the iFaraday will be a better option for the same job, what do you think about the same? Do you have knowledge about the same??

I have been checking around for the same and I have found “Ectaco jetBook Color e-reader hands-on specs” to be quite a good one, just go through the below sort specification of the same:
    • Screen size (diagonal)- 9.7 inches
    • Technology- E Ink Triton
    • Notable apps- Web browser, Dictionary
    • File support- ePUB, PDF, .DOC, RTF
    • Max. External size- 32 GB
    • With Wi-Fi connectivity

It seems to be a good choice but then I also wanted to add other things that I am concerned about:
    • Battery Life.
    • One good as e-book readers for the eyes

The reason that I am looking out for e-book reader is that most of the document in my case are OCR based articles & documents.

In that case you can check out the below ones as well:
    • Entourage Edge
    • Pocket eDGe

I will suggest you to go for Entourage Edge as it is having a bigger: 10" LCD and 9.7" eink, you can get it easily from the ebay.