Thread: Details of Audio capability of Sony Xperia S

Details of Audio capability of Sony Xperia S

I am planning to buy the new Sony Xperia S, I work in Music company and I want to know the details of audio quality that will be available in Sony Xperia S. I wanted to know the technical specifications of audio as well as its quality. Does anybody know the details I would like to know?

Re: Details of Audio capability of Sony Xperia S

Sony Xperia S provides 3D surround sound, album art and Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP). You can play the audio files on your file and redirect it to output devices using Bluetooth. Sony Xperia S boasts of clear audio and clear bass. Xperia S is compatible with PlayNow services provided by Sony Erricson. You can download music and ringtones directly to your phone from here. It also has TrackID software to find music you are hearing. It also has support for xLoud technology.

The audio playback of Sony Xperia S supports the audio files like MPEG-1/2/2.5, audio layer 3 in decoder format. Other formats in decoder format are AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, General MIDI (GM), Linear PCM 16bit, OTA & ogg vorbis. The formats that are supported in file format are MP3 (.mp3), 3GPP (.3gp), MP4 (.mp4, .m4a), SMF (.mid), WAV (.wav), OTA (.ota) & Ogg vorbis (.ogg).

Sony Xperia S provides audio recording. In audio recording, the formats that are supported in encoder format are AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC-LC stereo, sample rate 48 kHz bit rate 128 kbps.The formats supported in file format are 3GPP (.3gp), MP4 (.mp4), AMR (.amr).

I can’t comment on the audio quality of Xperia S as it has not yet released for purchase. Once released, someone will buy it to give knowledge about audio quality.