Thread: Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM does not detect wireless network

Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM does not detect wireless network

Hi guys I have Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM laptop and there is windows 7 operating system in my laptop. my laptop was working properly but it has suddenly started giving me problem. Whenever I try to connect my laptop with my wireless network at that time my laptop does not detect that.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM does not detect wireless network

Well according to me you have to first check your laptop with different wireless network and then see whether your laptop can detect that or not? If your laptop gives you the same problem after connecting it with other wireless network then it means problem is with your Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM otherwise problem is with your wireless network only.

What does HP wireless assistant shows? You have to first open HP wireless assistant and then check what the status of your WIFI is. you have to also open device manger and then check whether is any exclamation mark with your wireless adapter or not?

After referring your post I have checked in to the device manager and wireless adapter is not listed there. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the wireless drivers In my laptop but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now please tell me how to solve this problem?

In my case Wireless device was disappeared from the device manger and then I have thought that problem is related to the drivers but after reinstalling the drivers also problem does not get solved. Now after that my friend suggests me to enable the wireless adapter from BIOS and then I have enabled the wireless adapter from BUOS and then my problem get solved. You should also try this solution.

Yes if wireless adapter is disabled from the BIOS then also this type of problem can take place. To enable the wireless adapter from BIOS you have to follow these steps. When you start your Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM at that time press F10 button and after getting in to the BIOS menu you have to go to the device configuration option and then you have to check whether wireless adapter is enabled there or not? If it is not enabled there then you have to enable it now and then save the setting and after that when you restart your laptop at that time your problem will get solved.

I am also using Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM laptop and when I connect my laptop with my Wireless network that time it randomly disconnects. I have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling and updating the drivers but problem is still occurring, now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

It looks like you wireless adapter is set to power saving mode in power plan setting and you need to set the wireless adapter to maximum performance in then power plan setting and then your problem will get solved. Try this trick and then your problem might get solved.

To set maximum performance setting in power plan setting you have to go to the start menu and then type power plan and then press enter. After that click on the change setting option and then select advance setting. Now after that you have to locate wireless adapter and then change the setting to maximum performance and then your problem will get solved.