Thread: Need help with connecting Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset to Compaq Presario cq42

Need help with connecting Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset to Compaq Presario cq42

Hi friends I am using Compaq Presario cq42 laptop and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. I am facing problem while connecting my Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset with my laptop. When I try to connect my Bluetooth device with my laptop at that time laptop cannot see my Bluetooth headset.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Need help with connecting Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset to Compaq Presario cq42

I am also using Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset and don’t face any problem while connecting my headset with my laptop. I use to connect my headset with my laptop with the following steps and it.
    • First enable laptop Bluetooth and Bluetooth headset.
    • Go to the control panel.
    • Click on add device option which you will find under hardware and sound.
    • After that windows will search for the device.
    • Once it detects your device you have to click on next.

If you have not tried this steps then it might be helpful for you.

Re: Need help with connecting Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset to Compaq Presario cq42

You should try to connect your Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset with any other laptop and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? If you are experiencing the same problem then there might be problem with your Bluetooth headset otherwise problem is with your Compaq Presario cq42 laptop.

You should first right click on my computer and then select properties and after that you have to select device manger. Now expand network adapters. After that you have to check what it model of wireless adapter and manufacturer and let me know so that I can provide you solution according to that.

As far as I know in this laptop there is Ralink adapter installed. According to me you should Ralink Bluetooth Adapter Driver and then install in your laptop and after installing this drivers in your laptop you have to check whether same problem Is occurring or not?

If you want to download Ralink Bluetooth Adapter Driver then you have to click here DOWNLOAD DRIVERS. After downloading the drivers you have to try to connect your Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset with your laptop and then check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have tried above steps to connect my Bluetooth device with my laptop and but that does not help me and after that I have downloaded the Ralink Bluetooth Adapter Driver in my laptop and then Installed it. Now after installing that my problem get solved. Now my laptop can detect my headset but when I looking to the playback device at that time it does not show my Bluetooth headsets. What should I do to solve this problem?

You have to right click on the playback device and then you have to select show disabled device option and Show disconnected device option and then you have to see whether it shows your Bluetooth headset or not? If it shows your Bluetooth device then you have to click on the Configure button and enable that and then your problem might get solved.

With my Bluetooth device I was also experiencing the same problem and after that open playback device option and then selected Show disabled and disconnected device option and then I have enabled my device. After that my problem gets solved.