Thread: strong background noise from Plantronics MX10 along with Cisco IP phone 7941

strong background noise from Plantronics MX10 along with Cisco IP phone 7941

hello guys, recently as I was experimenting on something new to try , I just had the Plantronics MX10 Switcher and made some connections to a Lucent Callmaster VI as well as a PC . but after some days I noticed that there was a strong background noise every time making use of the phone through the plantronics headset and this was as a result of making some changes for the Lucent for a new Cisco IP phone. So main concern is that whenever I press the Mute button on the IP phone the noise does not come sin notice. If I plug in the headsets straight into the IP phone, we are not able to hear any sound.

Re: strong background noise from Plantronics MX10 along with Cisco IP phone 7941

I made some changes in the Disconnection of the PC from the Plantronics and I was able to see some change. After finding some great solutions from other sources, I made some attempts for turning the Cisco IP volume all the way up.

Re: strong background noise from Plantronics MX10 along with Cisco IP phone 7941

I recently made a purchase of a Polycom SoundPoint IP650 VoIP phone and was getting similar kind of issues. Whenever I mute the Polycom's volume the buzzing ceases similar to with what you are saying regarding the Cisco.

I plugged the MX10/headset with into an previous Nortel T7316 phone and it was really working well. I'm making use of position 6 on the MX10 and when I push the slider a little off of center the buzzing does not tend to appear although afterward only either the earpiece or else mic work . but they don’t tend to work at the same time. If together the mic as well as the earpiece are working I am able to hear the buzzing. So , I just tend to plugg my headset directly into the Polycom and it tends to work with no buzzing however the headset sound is extremely quiet. So you can get some hints from this situation, I hope.

According to me , I suppose that you might tend to get the buzz owing to plugging of an amplifier into an amplified port , If you are making some tries for plugging into the headset port on the Cisco phone. I would suggest that you should make some attempts for putting the configuration switch on the side to 6 as well as make use of the AC power supply to notice that there is some change or not. An additional thing you can attempt is perhaps making some tries for plugging the MX10 into the hand receiver port on the phone vs. the headset port on the phone plus make some notice that the sound disappears and there is no such sound appearing.

I should first of all say you that have you made some attempts for another headset on the MX10 to make out if there is some change or not. You have not mentioned the headset which you are making us e of currently. If you are still having a difficulty, you are able to make some contact to the Technical Assistance Group for future inquiry.

I have tried with some solutions which will help you in solving your issue. Make some tries for the below mentioned ones.
    1- you need to mute the headset microphone on the plantronics . this will have some change.
    2 – you can also make some tries for changing AC power to Battery in the Plantronics.
    3- my friend had same issue and playing with the settings on the side of the plantronics , the issue seemed to solve.
    4-make some changing of headsets and Plantronics and Cisco IP phone. The main reason behind this issue can be also that with combining of the Plantronics with the Cisco phone , there can be some faulty sets.

Thanks for those replies as my issue was solved and after plugging the MX10 , I just tried that into the hand receiver port on the phone vs. the headset port on the phone and it came to me that my issue was solved.