Thread: How to update the Latest Map Guarantee for TomTom GoLive825

How to update the Latest Map Guarantee for TomTom GoLive825

hi guy s

just recsnly bought the GoLive825 a great navigation device I must say this is the on e of the best device I have ever seen , I bought it with the the latest map guarantee and as per this device the current installed version of the Map was the 'Australia" v880.3808. so now when I connect this device to the MyTomTom its shows that the map is upto on this device . although when I check the official site it say v885 is the latest . I did all the usual stuff like clearing the cache and resetting but nothing seem to be work . is tere anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciating .

re: How to update the Latest Map Guarantee for TomTom GoLive825

I think it is because you get the device that has this old map as latest map guarantee. This is not because of anything wrong with the device first time commented to the PC . it is updated to the v880 currently and if this is not the case get in touch with CS via the phone

Actually the thing is that the offer on the web page is quite clear that is the v885 , the offer is for the 90 days and in this period if I get the v885 or say v890 then I am entitle to get the both update under consumer law. I saw this on the MyTomTom overview page. An there was a mentioned that the "Latest Map Guarantee: is a latest map becomes available for your device in the 90 days of first use, and it can be download a free map here."

If that is the case then I suggest that you should contacted the Tom Tom customer care support and explain everything they will perhaps solve the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bronislawa View Post
    Actually the thing is that the offer on the web page is quite clear that is the v885 , the offer is for the 90 days and in this period if I get the v885 or say v890 then I am entitle to get the both update under consumer law. I saw this on the MyTomTom overview page. An there was a mentioned that the "Latest Map Guarantee: is a latest map becomes available for your device in the 90 days of first use, and it can be download a free map here."
    The stuff that you mentioned is not completely correct . the thing is that if you have connected the device for the first time and you have v 875 or the earlier ma then you wont get the update for the 90 days. And after the 91th day there will be the v890 then you can have that but If you have say again v875 or else prior, connected first after there was a v880, than that was your guarantee. The latest map is that you have the latest map at time of purchase. As your device may be on the store say for a long time with v750 installed . it is not you get the update every hour till 90 days. Hope you understand

The TomTom GO LIVE 825 includes maps of 45 countries in Europe. Within 90 days of first use of your device from the TomTom website, you can download the latest maps on your GPS set. You are therefore guaranteed to be informed of the latest changes to the road network. You can also map any self-correcting errors through the MapShare technology. These adjustments are to share each other TomTom users keep up-to-date navigation.

If a new map is available for your device within 90 days of first use, download it free via tomtom webpage . See that you get the free map download. Because of the constant development of the quality of their maps few latest device might not compatible with the map . In this case, areas of detailed maps can be downloaded. You can only use one card area on both your device. However, it is very easy and free to change with tomtom

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    The stuff that you mentioned is not completely correct . the thing is that if you have connected the device for the first time and you have v 875 or the earlier ma then you wont get the update for the 90 days. And after the 91th day there will be the v890 then you can have that but If you have say again v875 or else prior, connected first after there was a v880, than that was your guarantee. The latest map is that you have the latest map at time of purchase. As your device may be on the store say for a long time with v750 installed . it is not you get the update every hour till 90 days. Hope you understand
    That I understand as it is mentioned the 90 days from purchase . but the latest map is available that should be received for free . I am relly disappointed with the TomTom if you are correct . in that case I guess I have to go to the Consumer Affairs association .

Re: How to update the Latest Map Guarantee for TomTom GoLive825

My friend had the same issue .If you recently bought the device the it might be bought in feb the point is that v885 become accessible on the December 2011, and you perhaps buy the unit on Feb 2012, and the download of v885 to your unit had evidently not happen. On the terms of the offer, you are right that if there were to be a v890 accessible inside the 90 days, after that you are entitled to that as well – provided you be able to download it just once. Don’t worry you will be getting those update .