Thread: MyTomTom takes a very long time to download map updates.

MyTomTom takes a very long time to download map updates.

I have recently purchased the VIA 1535TM and in that I installed the “MyTomTom” and try to download the map updates. Initially it starts downloading and finish within 5to10 minutes and looked like that it was completed then I saw that there was another period (on countdown timer) that took one hour. Can anyone help me so that I can fix this issue?

Re: MyTomTom takes a very long time to download map updates.

Dude, I have read all the content which you have written on forum. You are saying that your downloading is going very slow for map updating but let me tell you one thing there are two stages for download. In case of first stage you saw download (which took about 5 to 10 minute this processes depends upon your internet speed). Second download process will be installation of map updates into your device, here let me tell you one thing the installation time may be more than one hour because it depends upon your file size. It will happen to every download you’re map updates. Actually my TomTom download the map on computer and from there I installed in my device.

I completely satisfied with your statement but you are talking about that you downloaded map on your computer, let me tell you one thing it is not possible to download a map only to computer. Actually map will load into cache and from there you can install into your device. If you still not able to install map there may chances of that reminder of map into in your device and therefore new map cannot be install. For this issue I would suggest you that please call on CS and tell them about your problem if they make for you patches available then definitely it will remove map completely from your device.

Yes, I am satisfied with your statement actually map downloading is depending upon size of map. If you want to make downloading fast, you should open your farewell for all ports the MyTT applications and it should communicate with the TTs server. I don’t know whether you have heard that in North America maps all about 2.58 GB it really might take longtime. If you don’t know how to open the port, you will have to contact your firewell manufacturer get the information from over there. To speed up process of your downloading you need more memory capacity in your local drive.