Thread: Amilo XI3650 fan making loud noise on windows 7

Amilo XI3650 fan making loud noise on windows 7

I recently had a purchase of Amilo XI3650 and was fine working with it. but I have recently came across that there is a sort of issue with my fan . I am hearing a loud noise and it runs really fast and there is no reason for this to occur as I have not met until any accident. I have windows operating system. Is it a hardware issue. I don’t have idea regarding this. can you help me out of this.

Re: Amilo XI3650 fan making loud noise on windows 7

I have came across similar situations recently and the main cause around it is that the machine simply has a heat problem due to dust buildup. And I would recommend that possibly you are able to try to make use of a can of pressurized air to blow out some dust in the interior of the laptop.

According to me, if technically wise, you need to make sure that the machine driver is up to date or not. As many issues relating to yours are causing due to this , you can attempt to see and I am sure that you will be with possible solutions.

My fan was also making same noise as you described in your query and to talk about it, you need to also try with checking your BIOS is of latest version or not. When I came across this , I checked mine and found that I needed to update it of latest version. And bingo, my issue was solved. Previously I assumed that it was a hardware issue, but didn’t had idea that updating your bios version will solve my problem.

I have found from some sources that the probable way out is that Windows 7 isn't supported with this device. And regarding your issue, this occurs to my Amilo Xa 3530 and the same case occurs as the fan turns on the lowest level no matter how much load the cpu was into.to tell regarding the fan control register in the ec, it is around 0x93 and 0x94. But it's simple to make sure if the 3650 fan works identical. You need to make a download of the RW tool and have a click on the EC-Tab along with you need to change bit 2^4 of register 0x93. If the fan discontinues to labor then you have put it into manual mode. after that you are able to make some change in the register 0x94 to somewhat similar to 0x66. This is the utmost fan speed on my Xa 3530. So as a result , to put it back into automatic mode , you need to delete a bit 2^4 of register 0x93.

You need to take utmost care as fixing with ec can tend to gravely harm your System. In addition to this, putting the fan in manual mode can also tend to heat your cpu as well as gpu. You need to take some precautions before you do some experiments.

In overall, I will provide a brief summary which you need to understand.
    1. Check if the fan is clean [no dust]
    2. You need to check whether the drivers are up to date
    3. when you will have a hybrid turned off it see to it that you are with some positive changes or not.
    4. Windows 7 faulty installation can lead to such a situation.

If you are concerned with new drivers, to make a new driver yourself you are able to download the official driver from the amd website along with have an extraction of the display driver and you also need to copy it over the official fujistu driver as well as make a installation of it.