Thread: Connecting a android tablet with Nokia Smartphone for internet connection

Connecting a android tablet with Nokia Smartphone for internet connection

I am thinking to connect my nokia Smartphone connected with the android only for the internet connection. Now pairing and all that stuff is done. I just want to know whether I would be needing some specific applications for the process or not? That’s what I want to know from you all. So do reply on the same thing that would be better for me.

Re: Connecting a android tablet with Nokia Smartphone for internet connection

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    I am thinking to connect my nokia Smartphone connected with the android only for the internet connection. Now pairing and all that stuff is done. I just want to know whether I would be needing some specific applications for the process or not? That’s what I want to know from you all. So do reply on the same thing that would be better for me.
    I don’t think so that would be possible since if you were using android phone and your tablet is also android as well then it would have been possible but nokia being a symbian or meego but not android so it would be difficult connecting the phone and a tablet od different os for the internet connection. So no is the answer from my side.

I am using pdanet for connecting gtablet with my HTC evo it works great why don’t you use it as well. hopefully it will work for you.

Even I am in the lookout for a possible solution for the same so on searching many of the forums I found many users suggesting this a=particular app named as pdanet but sorry it works only for the android phone. it did not work for me which is a Nokia N97. So I would say you being a nokia user don’t go with such experimentations. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    Hi in your nokia phone go to the Nokia’s ovi store and download and install a 'joikuspot light' application in your phone. now what it does is that it makes your phone a wifi hotspot. Now you can on the wifi option in the android tablet and use your phone as a wifi hotspot. Use wifi connection from your phone. so that’s how it is done. Hope you got me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Hi in your nokia phone go to the Nokia’s ovi store and download and install a 'joikuspot light' application in your phone. now what it does is that it makes your phone a wifi hotspot. Now you can on the wifi option in the android tablet and use your phone as a wifi hotspot. Use wifi connection from your phone. so that’s how it is done. Hope you got me right.
    I am dam sure that it will not work since 'joikuspot light' application uses "ad-hoc" networks which are not supported by android. So I would say better not try that.

idea Re: Connecting a android tablet with Nokia Smartphone for internet connection

You can do the Bluetooth tethering method which is originally done by pairing both of them i.e. tablet and the phone. so that is how you can do. well just want to tell you that the speed that you will get getting would be very limited depending upon the transfer capacity of the phone as well .

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    You can do the Bluetooth tethering method which is originally done by pairing both of them i.e. tablet and the phone. so that is how you can do. well just want to tell you that the speed that you will get getting would be very limited depending upon the transfer capacity of the phone as well .
    Glad that you gave me this idea I am just excited to give a try for the same. so would you help me out with this one. I am waiting for the response.

As far as 'joikuspot light' application is concerned I don’t think so it will work for the android and I do agree with the above user.

Ok do follow the steps that I am giving you here,

1) Now in your phone I suppose it would be having wifi in it. go to menu and turn on the Bluetooth.

2) Make sure the visibility is there for everyone.

3) Now do the same thing in your tablet as well. enable Flight mode under wireless connection and on the Bluetooth.

4) Now search for the connections in your phone and the tab will be displayed in the list. Now select that device and accept the connection from the other side( tablet) as well.

5) Now you will be able to get the internet access in your tablet with the help of data connection from your phone.