Thread: New Z570 Lenovo ideapad is dead

New Z570 Lenovo ideapad is dead

Last month I got my brand new Lenovo Z570 ideapad. Trust me I just use it for maximum only 4 to 5 hours a day then too it has been now messing up with some issues. Till now it has been locked up for at least 10 to 15 times. Whenever I keep the laptop untouched the screen would turn blank but then it never wake up.

Now this time it has not recovered. It is unable to power on completely now. What should I do to get it working well?

Re: New Z570 Lenovo ideapad is dead

Let me tell you my friend it happened with me already and that too with two different models. Yeah I had two Lenovo V570 and Z570 which I bought together. As far as I remember this issue created at the end of their first month, then I was told to spend few dollars in order to fix the issue from the manufacturer. But instead of that I took both of them back to the Best Buy (this is where I exactly bought them), they knew everything about the issue and the defect. But then they gave the full refund back not so soon but however they did their job correctly.

I have already read about this issue before in one of the thread, and for your kind information that thread was closed with a suitable fix for the same blank screen issue. I picked out the solution from there and now would definitely like to mention it over here:

Remove the battery, un-plug the ac power, press power button for 30-40 seconds, replace the battery and check if it works.

If that didn’t work then definitely this is a hardware issue. So better you people call up the hardware support in order to get a fix for this issue.

I am very much upset and disappointed with the Lenovo technical support, they are really disguising. It happened to me from the very next day itself after I bought the laptop. I was unable to see any power supplied to the device, first I thought it must be some battery issue so I pulled the battery out and then held the power button for 20 second to reset and then inserted the battery again but that didn’t help the unit was unable to get power. Initially it showed the same symptoms as mentioned above.

I have never ever touched the system or tried to open or check it out whether what could have went wrong but now after reading this thread I came to know that I am not the only one with this issue, in fact there are several people with the exact same issue without getting any fix for it.

If that didn’t work then definitely this is a hardware issue. So better you people call up the hardware support in order to get a fix for this issue.
    When I showed my system to the dealer they said that the motherboard has to be replaced and for that I need to contact the support center.

But when I called up Lenovo they said that I will have to pay them in order to have my new system back to get it fixed, I was quite surprised. The agent told me that they would pay to sent it back to them but in actual its me who will have to pay.

Just wanted to ask you all whoever facing this issue, have you ever got any BSODs on your system which is facing the issue currently. Its because I recently bought a couple of graphics hardware related BSODs which actually made me slightly concerned. But late on in noticed that this one thing did the same screen blanking issue and then the power failing issue followed by the previous one.

I have already sent my z570 to Lenovo’s repair depot 1 week ago. And now when check the status, according to the status page they says that it’s on hold. And he reason they mentioned for this is due to the shortage of the parts. The issue the same as mentioned above also I didn’t have any problem in sending it to the support center but then after I sent my system over there I am not getting any response from those people, whenever I check the status it says that the process is on hold. Its almost 1 week passed away.

I hope they could at least tell me how much long time they will take to get it repaired.

Same thing happened with me too, but mine ended up with a positive result I guess. When I showed it to them they said that it’s a motherboard issue and I will have to send it to the service center. They actually repaired it and then shipped it to me within one week as per their promise. I send my laptop on 20st February and then they repaired it perfectly and delivered it to me within 7 working days that excludes their holiday I guess. And guess what from then onward I have been facing no such issue and everything works smoothly.

I have already sent my z570 to Lenovo’s repair depot 1 week ago. And now when check the status, according to the status page they says that it’s on hold. And he reason they mentioned for this is due to the shortage of the parts. The issue the same as mentioned above also I didn’t have any problem in sending it to the support center but then after I sent my system over there I am not getting any response from those people, whenever I check the status it says that the process is on hold. Its almost 1 week passed away.

You have been mistaken my friends. As mentioned above the Lenovo support center normally ships the product as according to their commitments and also as according to their terms and conditions, they never let their customer wait or fool around them.

As according to the status page I guess what they have mentioned must be a fact, there must be really some part shortage so better be calm and patient and wait for their reply.