Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to enable Speech for phone accessibility on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

Portable Devices

Old 01-03-2012

How to enable Speech for phone accessibility on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

Currently I am using the new HTC HD7 model T9292 which is running Windows phone 7.5 Mango installed. Everything is fine as it is except there is no option to enable speaking caller ID. I tried to look for "Speech for phone accessibility" option to enable but there was no slider to turn it on/off. Everything is set properly like language and region as English, vibrate disabled, volume turned up etc but there is no way to enable this feature.

Old 01-03-2012

Re: How to enable Speech for phone accessibility on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango

The Mango update to Windows phone 7 really got speech recognition capabilities and it works somewhat similar to the manner or Siri in Appe iphone. However it is still not as advanced as Siri but you can do several tasks easily. In order to active this feature, you need to press and hold the Windows start flag on the phone. For commands and examples say “Help”. Once activated, your phone is ready to listen any commands given by you.
Old 01-03-2012

If there is no slider to enable or disable the "Speech for phone accessibility" option in your HTC phone, then thing that your phone itself is compatible for this. That’s why it is disabled by default due to HTC firmware. For this you need to get the latest HTC firmware for your phone, to make it enable again. I hope that HTC already released patched firmware for this.
Old 03-03-2012

You have to through some slightly more buried voice settings on your phone to make it handier for voice commands. In this situation, the headphones are very handy. In order to enable the spoken CallerID, Go to Settings – Ease of Access – Enable Speech for Phone Accessibility. Now Talking CallerID, Voice Speed Dialing and Voice Call Forwarding are activated. In order to read the incoming messages, go to Settings – Speech and turn on Play Audio Confirmations. You can also reply them by voice.
Old 15-04-2012

Please any one can tell me that, i am downloading nfs hotpursuit from marketplace and my device won't intall it after downloading why?
my Device is Samsung Focus i917 and updated on windows phone 7.5 mango os

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,