Thread: X201T Lenovo laptop chassis is bit bent from the base

X201T Lenovo laptop chassis is bit bent from the base

I am very much stunt to see that my brand new X201T Lenovo laptop’s chassis is bent from its base. It sounds too strange and funny whenever I share this problem with any of my friends, initially nobody believes me but later on when I show it to them they were speechless.

Anyone there with any solution, more than this I am very much keen to know whether there is anyone else with the same issue I am having or I am the only one specially case existing over here.

Re: X201T Lenovo laptop chassis is bit bent from the base

I am there with you. I guess it’s only the X201T model of Lenovo which is facing this issue. Even I bought my laptop new two days ago, and when opened it to start what I noticed was that the laptop was shaking a bit due to the irregular base. First I thought it was due the table on which I have kept my machine but later on wherever I kept the laptop it use to sake from right.

After this when I measure it using a straight ruler, what I noticed was that the ruler was hanging about almost 1 mm in air from the right. This made me sure that the right side of the cassis is completely upraised as compared to its left side.

I am not sure as I have not yet seen or faced any of such issue till now in my life but I doubt the palmrest of your laptop. Yeah it could be the palm rest that is causing this issue.

You can do one thing, why don’t you take your laptop to the Lenovo warranty service and let me do the appropriate required changes or repair.

At least yours I bend or upraised from either of the side but you would not believe my laptop bent from both the left and the right side. When I bought this laptop, I had the same issue and when I did the ruler test to the underside of the laptop what I saw was that the situation was even worst. I saw that the ruler was unable to touch both the end and corner at the same time when I tried to measure.

And the most interesting thing is that if I try to make the ruler touch at one corner it automatically gets away from the other corner for almost 5-6 mm from the base of the case. I doubt that it is due to the bad manufacturing of the case and not my fault, hope the service center get it replaced without creating any issue.

And the most interesting thing is that if I try to make the ruler touch at one corner it automatically gets away from the other corner for almost 5-6 mm from the base of the case. I doubt that it is due to the bad manufacturing of the case and not my fault, hope the service center get it replaced without creating any issue.
    Yeah even I believe the same it could be the case that is creating the issue. But when I bought my X201 I didn’t find or addressed any such kind of issue. However I am sure the issue is simply with the case and could be easily done with a simple case swapping.

There is nothing to worry, they would not point you out for this issue as you have not bent it and also can’t be able to do so. It is something to do with some fault in the casting process.

No, I don’t think that the matter is as simple as you have mentioned above let me tell you that I have already been in contact with the warranty support regarding this issue. Recently last week I got a reply from them.

According to them the issue is to be handled by the reseller. They say that the reseller has to handle the repairs and recalls through the Lenovo. They say that if I go directly to the warranty support they would ask me for the required charge to be paid to them for the repair. And if I go to the reseller I could certainly avoided this.

My Lenovo laptop is bought from some other country just wanted to ask whether it is possible to arrange for a warranty repair that is in my current country if I settle the things with the original reseller itself.

In a simple language let me tell you that Lenovo Thinkpads have different level of international coverage depending upon the models. Different level of international coverage means the number of countries covered.

As long as your thinkpad model is listed in relation to the model number in the list of country, then you would definitely get the back or the base warranty coverage as and in the minimum service cost.