Thread: Battery draining quickly due to HTC Sense 3.0 update

Battery draining quickly due to HTC Sense 3.0 update

I don’t know whether anyone else experiencing the same problem but when my updated to HTC Sense 3.0 on my Incredible S I realized that better is dropping very quickly. The update was pretty good and with good animations but it is really a battery killer. Before the update, when I full charge the battery, It was enough for whole day and in the evening 70% or more of the battery left. Now due to this update battery left to 50%. The usage is same as before but the drop rate is very high now. I think I should downgrade it back to save my battery life but I really like this Sense. Is there any solution?

Re: Battery draining quickly due to HTC Sense 3.0 update

I don’t think that the HTC sense is the one which is causing the issue. The problem might be due to the Facebook app sync. Previously many users have reported the issue with Facebook for HTC Sense. The HTC told that their phones batter life getting doubled after disabling the Facebook for HTC Sense app. If you are still getting the battery life problem, you have to disable any HTC sync options.

The best idea is to remove some apps which you don’t use actually. Some apps those may be running in the Background, may eat up you battery. You said that you have updated to HTC Sense 3.0. So I think that many new things are included in it and few more processes might have been added and running in the background without your concern. You should not blame Facebook for that. HTC should find a fix for that issue.

If your phone’s battery draining quickly, you need to configure some apps to sync less or often if possible. Always syncing or sync every single minute could cause the phone to eat batter faster. As far as I know that the HTC provides a decent battery and it needs less often charging. I hope that HTC would find a fix for that.

In my case my phone is running both Sense ROMS and AOSP ROMS extensively. I really find a great experience with this ROMS. In my opinion the Sense ROMS get better battery life than AOSP ROMS. So think about it, what you need to do.

As far as I know that the Batter life in HTC phones is completely depends on number of factors. You cannot blame on only thing without knowing what exactly the cause. It is not about whether you are running Sense ROM or ASOP ROM. The battery life is completely depends on the kernel which you are running. I can’t say that whether using or running SetCPU to over/underclock, or using Collins_ph Battery Tweak will help you to get better battery life but most of the times inbuilt settings of the phone will surely going to affect battery life. For example frequency of syncing, screen brightness, etc...

My batter issue has solved after doing the Factory reset of my phone. But still I urge you to go for the following things in order to save your batter life:
    • First of all do not use the facebook for htc sense.
    • Disable the background services in Accounts & sync menu.
    • Configure all apps to sync for longest acceptable times.
    • Frequently check inside the task managers and kill apps or processes which are not in use.
    • Do not do a system restore regularly, it will not going to fix your batter life issue.