Thread: The hard drive is not detected in Acer Aspire One 722

The hard drive is not detected in Acer Aspire One 722

I am running windows 7 on Acer Aspire One 722 netbook. I was casually surfing on the internet late at night and went to sleep after that. The next morning when I woke up I saw that the laptop might have restarted itself and i was getting the below messages:
    PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
    No bootable device -- insert book disk and press any key.

Now, whenever I start this netbook I am simply getting the above error message and I am not able to do anything? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: The hard drive is not detected in Acer Aspire One 722

Can you go into BIOS and then check the boot order, is the first one selected to the hard drive? Incase the Lan adapter is selected then make sure to remove it from the primary boot device and then select the hard drive as the first boot device and then restart your netbook. After following this method, are you able to boot to Windows or do you get the similar message again, please report us back again.

Re: The hard drive is not detected in Acer Aspire One 722

Can you tell us what all other things are listed in the boot order? If you can see a Lan device listed their then try to remove or disbale it and check if you are getting some other options. You can even try to press F12 or F10 on the bios screen to choose the boot device and select hard drive there. You can also try to disable the PXE by going into the BIOS settings.

Can you try to remove the hard drive from the netbook carefully and reseat it again, if you dont know how to do that then ask any tech person who you know. There might be a loose connection of the hard drive in the netbook. Before opening the netbook enure that all the things are disconnected and the battery is also removed. If this still doesnt work, then get an external CD/DVD drive and use a Windows 7 CD to repair the OS.