Thread: Low internal memory on HTC Nexus One

Low internal memory on HTC Nexus One

just bought this phone few months ago and I am really impressed on the performance of the phone and everything was working fine but recently I am having this issue , my phone just losing memory and I have no idea that where this memory is going . And it is giving me error something like Low internal memory. I have remove all the application on the mobile because of this issue jus t few app are there which are on the external memory card. I did everything including deleted the browser cache but nothing is helping my phone is stock. Is there any one here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this.

Re: Low internal memory on HTC Nexus One

Well just because you have remove those apps from the internal memory to the external doesn’t mean that those app will not take the internal memory space . that application data is still goes in to the internal memory on to the phone . I am not sure about this but I think that those application is bit lager on size . Removing few lower size application doesn’t make any difference you need to get rid of few lager application see of that helps

I guess that is not the problem as the phone was working earlier fine , to me it look as if that is some kind of bug on the phone , removing app will not help can you tell me is there any app that you recently got before starting of this issue .

I had the similar issue on my nexus and the thing that I did was I deleted all the games and that free up enough space on my phone for not giving that low on memory error message , really like the Angry Birds game . I was playing it when I am stuck in the traffic but deleting the game is the only solution that works for me

One issue I’ve seen is the , the stock Web browser cache to the handset storage. The browser cache can rapidly occupy 20+ MB and consequently use up free internal storage. I've moved to use another browser names Dolphin and set it to cache to the SD card. This has delete my low internal storage limits; my free internal storage space at the moment stays much more steady apart from when installing fresh applications.

I have the a same problem and establish that it was mostly because of the contacts taking up 40mb while I enabled the FaceBook as well as Twitter sync. I might utilize the Disk Usage app to know what was taking the majority space on the internal memory.

Hope this will assist

• remove old and the non-important sms threads. This will give you some extra space
    • use "Dolphin Browser" and remove the data/cache from the stock browser, save some more space
    • Deleted data and cache of any idle apps and a few apps can't be remove without root, however you can in any case minimize their trail

This will save some free space which must be sufficient for the time being and also if possible .
    • Root the handset after that remove the pre-installed however never used apps

Thanks for the reply I figure out the problem this thing was there was about 800 email in trash box on my 2 email account and after deleting those email I got about 100 mb of free space so issue solved thanks again

short of of internal memory is the major problem with Android. I’m having in a very comparable manner issue “one in – one out” rule for apps right now. And Android developers who needlessly don’t allow installation to SD card need a serious talking to. Some very good apps don’t sit on my phone because of this.