Thread: is there USB host on the go on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

is there USB host on the go on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Hi guys I am planning to buy this phone and I would be very much glad if anyone here can tell me that whether this UBS Host feature like the Samsung GS2 available on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as I have searched everywhere but was unable to found this query can anyone here help me on this I would be really appreciating this please guys I actually want to get this phone can’t wait anymore

re: is there USB host on the go on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I have search the google an came across this post saying
    You need an android with a USB Host . In addition to the SGS 2 is now on the list Samsung Galaxy R, as well as Samsung Galaxy Nexus are available for this
    So I this phone is a go go for you hope this helps

the Galaxy Nexus doesn't is identical as Honeycomb, as as an example HC supports USB Mass Storage whereas Xoom doesn't. If a given device features a removable SD card it'll support USB Mass Storage. If it's solely built-in storage like Xoom and Galaxy Nexus it'll typically support solely MTP and PTP.

It isn't physically doable to support UMS on devices that do not have an avid partition for storage like a removable SD card, or a separate partition like Nexus S. this is often as a result of UMS may be a block-level protocol that offers the host computer direct access to the physical blocks on the storage, in order that Android cannot have it mounted at identical time.

So there's no load an external media device like a USB or sd device and have it show up on the nexus notwithstanding employing a USB host cable and therefore the device having a ext file system?As way as i'm aware, MTP does not show up in file managers like Total Commander whereas UMS will. that produces me unhappy.

i think its a lot of to try and do with the usb-otg cable we tend to got. I actually have a original usb-otg that doesn't work with my GNexus further. when some search on the forums, that is sensible, its a lot of of a cable issue. because the Gnexus has completely different modes to vary into, with further MHL, usb-host, charging, dock, etc, "the association between pin four and five verify, what quite association it is: charging, sync, usb otg, mhl, trigger download mode... and indeed, that's done by setting up completely different resistor strengths." i simply ordered another plain usb-otg from ebay, and finger crossed, this may work.

I am 'm new to each USB Host and MHL, and that i was wondering if there is something to grasp specifically concerning either adapters?

Based on what I've examine USB Hosting i would like a Micro USB to USB adapter with OTG no matter that's . i am assuming that would work?

Hi guy i would like know here Is there some android engineer here who will justify me why galaxy nexus is not ready to go into usb host mode please?

I connected mouse, keyboards, usb stick, nothing works. i might be very appreciating this

May be you've got to root it and apply the USB device patch within the kernel.Ideally Ginger Bread doesnt support the host for USB devices, I checked it with the samsung TAB with the USB host adapter for USB devices. this is often doable since a modder enabled a kernel choices and currently it works however a feature like this should be enabled by default with none modding required.

Thanks for thus reply will anyone ensure Has anyone who has the phone really tried it? it might be very nice it anyone here will justify had tried it success absolutely thanks

Re: is there USB host on the go on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

USB Host OTG is supported on the the Galaxy Nexus. I purchased a cable to support this for about $4 on Amazon. Note that many people have reported problems with the OTG cable sold for the Moto Xoom, so avoid that one.

Plugging in a USB Keyboard or Mouse device works fine out of the box. Currently the Galaxy Nexus will not natively mount a USB mass storage device like a USB memory stick or disk drive. If you are rooted, you can install the MountStick application from the Android market and mount your USB disk drive just fine.

A few caveats...
    1) you can only mount FAT formatted disks - no NTFS, EXT3/4, HPFS, etc.
    2) If your device uses a lot of power, you'll need to use a powered USB hub. So a disk drive powered from the USB cable won't work (without a hub). A flash drive, mouse, keyboard will probably work fine. If your disk drive has an external power cable that will probably work too.
    3) At the moment, there is no way to charge the phone and use USB OTG at the same time. So you can't plug in an external keyboard and use it all day long.
    4) There is currently no way to use USB OTG and HDMI out at the same time. You can't stream a video from an external disk drive and send it to your TV.
    5) USB devices for mobile data are not supported. They probably could be, but no one has written the right drivers.

Re: is there USB host on the go on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Did you try a setup as described here, with a charger that is powerful enough to provide juice for both the device and the phone?
    He claims it does charge the phone (although I don't think he has a Galaxy Nexus).