Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Aero is disabled in lenovo thinkpad w520

Portable Devices

Old 29-02-2012

Windows Aero is disabled in lenovo thinkpad w520

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad w520 laptop and I have windows Vista operating system in my laptop and I am facing problem with windows aero feature in my laptop. Suddenly Windows Aero features stopped working in my laptop. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Old 29-02-2012

Re: Windows Aero is disabled in lenovo thinkpad w520

I am also using windows vista operating system and I was facing same problem in my laptop because of the iDisplay software and after that I have removed that software from my computer and then my problem get solved. If you have started facing this problem after installing any software then should remove that from your laptop and then see whether Aero is enabled or not?
Old 29-02-2012

I will suggest you to run Aero trouble shooter in your laptop and then check whether it helps you to solve this problem or not? As far as I know after running the windows aero trouble shooter in your laptop problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.
Old 29-02-2012

if you are not able to solve this problem by running the windows aero trouble shooter then I will suggest you to check whether Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service is started in your laptop or not? If this service is not started then you have to start it first and after starting the service you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not? As far as I know after starting this service your problem will get solved.
Old 29-02-2012

If you want to start the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service in your laptop then follow this steps.

You have to first go to the start menu and then services.msc in search box and then hit enter. After that you have to look for the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and then you have to right click on that and then click on start button and after starting that service you have to restart your laptop and then your problem might get solved.

If after trying this also same problem occurs then let me know.
Old 29-02-2012

Thank you for helping me. After referring your solution I have first try to solve this problem by running the windows Aero trouble shooter in my laptop but that does not help me to solve this problem and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by checking for the services and it was already started. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?
Old 29-02-2012

You have mentioned that after trying above solution also you are facing this problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you should download Microsoft Fix it tool for windows aero and then run in your laptop and then your problem will get solved.
Old 29-02-2012

You can also try to solve this problem. Open registry editor and then locate this

Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
Right click on the ColorizationOpaqueBlend and click on modify button and after that you have to type o and click on ok and then restart your laptop.
Old 29-02-2012

If you don?t know from where to download Microsoft tool windows Aero then you can download it by clicking here DOWNLOAD and after downloading this you have to run in your laptop and then your problem will get solved. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,