Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 showing outdated Android market client

Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 showing outdated Android market client

Well my new tablet i.e. Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 is showing that market client has gone out of date and needs an update which would be done in a short while. So will I have to wait for the update to happen automatically or should I update it manually? That’s what I want to know from you all, so what do you all have to say about the same? can you please tell me something about it. since this is completely something new to me and hence I want to refer you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab P7500 showing outdated Android market client

Ok I have a solution for you just give a try and let me know if that works for you or not

- First go and download the latest version of android market.
    - Now after downloading and during installing it will ask you to install over the old one. Just click ok.
    - That’s all you have to do. however while opening up the android market it will again flash you with the error don’t worry just select OK. It will give you a message saying "market updated successfully".

I think its some problem with the google end and it is bound to give problems initially. However this method will definitely work. So do give a try for the same.

You can have a chat with the android market team about this and they will inform you about the possible solutions for the same. well I don’t know if the above solution is correct or not but still I would say take some help from android market team that would be better I say.

I did write to android market people and they said that they haven’t got a perfect solution for the said problem, they are still looking at it and they will soon come up with a possible solution for it. so probably wait and watch is the only option left with us.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    Ok I have a solution for you just give a try and let me know if that works for you or not

- Now after downloading and during installing it will ask you to install over the old one. Just click ok.
    - That’s all you have to do. however while opening up the android market it will again flash you with the error don’t worry just select OK. It will give you a message saying "market updated successfully".

I think its some problem with the google end and it is bound to give problems initially. However this method will definitely work. So do give a try for the same.
    I don’t find any wrong in giving a try for the said solution since it worked for me and you all should try this, getting a new version of android market and installing it is the only available option as of now which works, so the choice is yours if you all want to give a try for this or not.

Hi This is probably a stupid question, but how do I upgrade my version of Android Market? I have tried opening market and looking for an update option and also tried My Files etc.

Please share any advice

Have you tried out the solution that has been mentioned here by robot.txt :

I don't know how to download the latest version of Android. Not sure where I would find that option?

You can download AndroidMarket_v3.4.4.apk from the web and then install the same in your phone, just Google out AndroidMarket_v3.4.4.apk , you can just check out the phandroid site for the same as well.

Thanks Giaan, really appreciate your help

OK I installed the new Android Market version. I can succesully download applications. Then Android Market converts to Google Play and I get a Force Close every time I try to open