Thread: htc incredible s unable to recieve sms

htc incredible s unable to recieve sms

I recently made a purchase of the HTC incredible S and I was very contented to have it. I have also made a newest software update. I have some issue regarding the sms settings. I am getting the sms relay slow as I tested this by sending a sms on my mobile and I received it later. But the sms sets that it was send at the sending time. I have also done with factory restore but the issue is the same. my friends complain about it as I don’t give them a quick reply. And when they check the timings , it is the same when they send the sms.

re: htc incredible s unable to recieve sms

This type of issue no only occurs with your mobile , but a number of other devices. As I have also experienced this earlier, I should say that it is a network issue and it has nothing to relate with the phone. So there is no need to perform a factory restore and other things.

Hello guys , I have some solutions which you can opt for.
    You need to go in the settings and then to the wireless and Networks and then to the Mobile Networks and finally to the Network operators. You need to make a selection over a different provider than what you are usually on. You might come across a situation where your signal might be lost. Following to this one, you need to turn off your phone and then turning it on again. repeat process 1).This time choose the joint Orange T-mobile otherwise Just orange if you don’t have that alternative. Following this, turn phone back off as well as on once more. You should not have any issues further.

I have some improvements from the above posts as it will be helpful in your case. So according to me, you need to go in the Settings and then to the Wireless and Networks mode then to the Mobile networks and further proceeding with Network Mode. Your current configurations will be on GSM / WCDMA auto. You need to just change it to GSM. After doing this , my HTC does not get any delay in receiving text.

According to me, if you have made some attempts in changing some settings, then atlas I would tell you that your software doesn’t have a issue but i believe there is some issue in your network. And for this doubt the right thing to do is to chat to your network service provider and he might solve for you.

Re: htc incredible s unable to recieve sms

You need to go in the settings and then to the wireless and Networks and then to the Mobile Networks and finally to the Network operators. You need to make a selection over a different provider than what you are usually on. You might come across a situation where your signal might be lost. Following to this one, you need to turn off your phone and then turning it on again. repeat process 1).This time choose the joint Orange T-mobile otherwise Just orange if you don’t have that alternative. Following this, turn phone back off as well as on once more. You should not have any issues further.
    Thanks for those replies as I have solved my issue completely and I think that it was a sort of network issue and it was sorted out completely.