Thread: Unable to access Cox webmail server on T-Mobile G1

Unable to access Cox webmail server on T-Mobile G1

hi guys

I am recently having problem with accessing Cox's Orange County CA webmail server. I have no idea what is wrong with this. I get this error Java.lang.NullPointerException. which earlier I was not having any issue . I contacted the Cox represent and he says it is because of mobile but T-mobile said this was a Blackberry type error and I should not get it on this phone . and they refuse to accept there resposibily to help me on this issue . the phone can access all the site . I am having standard RC33 software. Is there anyone here can solve this issue I will be really glad.

re: Unable to access Cox webmail server on T-Mobile G1

I think that is not related to the phone for the reason that I have the same problem whit my HTC incredible phone and the HTC tech support was able to repeat the issue with other HTC incredible phones. so that will be issue with the Cox's side bad server side coding

Hope this will help

Just Go to your Account Settings. Over there don’t change the Incoming settings. Just Click 'Next' go to the 'Outgoing server settings'. ensure 'Login required' is selected . take care that the SMTP server is properly for your location. For example like I am in California, so my server address reads smtp.west.cox.net . now on the field below there will be the 'Security type'. See if 'SSL' is chosen if not select it . The 'Server port' will after that be 465.

I in fact run every of my email accounts hooked on a Gmail account: the one of that is Cox email. Make it a lot simpler to have single icon on my display, and it's simple to add contacts as well as a bunch of other things too.

This is really very ridiculous like for3 months with no issue with the Cox POP3 account, I now having issue with sending. I tried the whole thing, , and nothing worked but I did the following this solve my issue
    1. Remove the account
    2. Shut off and after some time reboot the handset
    3. Recreated the POP3 mail account.

Make sure that you select the SSL/465 on the SMTP setup page. at present mine is working very well. I hope this helps.

Look like the there is the problem with the email client on android. The stock browser not has a few essential features plus has a few very bad bugs. I had to discontinue making use of it as well as k9 has as my go to client since. Mail droid is one more client. Touchdown is one more for Exchange.

Re: Unable to access Cox webmail server on T-Mobile G1

Its appears to me that the session cookie expired on the browser side and now the Android's browser is set to the null . this while you visiting the site its goes to the server as a null and it don’t know how to handle it looks as if the cox coding bug they should fix