Thread: MTP USB Device driver fails to install after connecting Motorola Droid X with PC

MTP USB Device driver fails to install after connecting Motorola Droid X with PC

I am using Motorola droid X mobile phone from last few months and I am facing problem while connecting my mobile phone with my laptop. Whenever I connect my Mobile phone with my computer at that time it shows USB Device driver fails to load. If I see it in device manager in at that time it shows yellow exclamation mark. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem?

Re: MTP USB Device driver fails to install after connecting Motorola Droid X with PC

You have mentioned that in device manger it shows yellow exclamation mark and that is why I would like to tell you that you should try this solution. You have to first make sure that internet connection is on. Now after that you have to open device manager in your computer and then you have to right click on the MTP device and then select update driver and then search online and after that I will update the drivers and after drivers installation finishes you have to restart your PC and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Re: MTP USB Device driver fails to install after connecting Motorola Droid X with PC

Yes I will also suggest you the same as I was also having same issue in my computer. After spending some time on the internet I have come to know that I have to update MTP drivers from device manager and after that I have updated the drivers and then my problem get solved. You can also try this solution.

There is no need to select search drivers online while updating the drivers from device manager but instead of that you should select 'browse my computer for drivers' then click on the "Let me pick drivers to install". After doing that you have to click on USB controllers and then you have to click on OK. Now after doing that your problem might get solved.

Thank you for helping me. After referring your solution I have first tried to solve this problem by updating the drivers but after updating the drivers also same problem was there. I have also cheeked the USB cable with different Device and it works fine. Problem is coming with my mobile phone only.

If anyone have solution for this then let me know.

As you have said that after trying above solution also you are experiencing the same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you should download Motorola 5.4.0 Driver from internet and then you to install it in your computer and after installing that drivers in your computer your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

If you want to download Motorola 5.4.0 Driver then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after downloading the drivers you have to install that in your computer and after installing that in your computer your problem will get solved.