Thread: Lenovo Ideapad Z570 and Lenovo IdeaPad V570 wifi is not working

Lenovo Ideapad Z570 and Lenovo IdeaPad V570 wifi is not working

I am using a Lenovo Ideapad Z570 laptop which was having some issues with Wireless internet connection speed. So, I bought another laptop model of Lenovo IdeaPad V570 but am still facing the same wireless problem on it as well. If I am testing the internet speed test on different websites the upload speed varies on all websites. So, can anyone tell me why this model laptop is having problems with internet speed? Thanks

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z570 and Lenovo IdeaPad V570 wifi is not working

Even I was facing similar issues on my lenovo laptop but later I solved this issue. I first went to the Device Manager and then disabled the Wireless N mode on the wireless adapter. After that the wireless connection started to work better. I will be soon buying a new Wireless N router because the current router that I am using is very old and because of that it has started giving me issues.

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z570 and Lenovo IdeaPad V570 wifi is not working

I also did some research to fix this problem. The router security settings that I was using was WPA2 and WPA but even after changing them nothing worked. I even disabled the wireless N mode on the laptop to get good download speeds to no avail. After that I changed the network adapter from WPA2/AES security to WPA/TKIP and also modified the 11n channel to auto from 20 and then enabled the wireless N router. Now I am getting a decent download speed of 20mbps plus.

For different routers, such as the Linksys routers, you will need to enable the QoS. For instance, change the security to WPA2/AES and then force the band to be 20MHz only. Now, along witht the QoS feature, you might get 60mb or 140mb all the time. WPA2 Personal looks to be the definite answer to get some device to see N only routers.