Thread: HTC Hero unable to find ad-hoc network

HTC Hero unable to find ad-hoc network

hi guys

I just recently bought the HTC Hero from my local vender . I must say this is one if the best phone I have ever used after iPhone 3. I have the RJ45 connection no WIFI, so I created the Ad-Hoc wifi network on my Mac pc. But the problem is that I am not able to connect my HTC phone on that Ad-Hoc wifi network don’t know why . every other device working fine on that connection including the iPhone iPod Touch and laptop. I can see my neighbor network on the phone bit not my home network . is there something wrong here with my phone . my friend says it is the known issue on the android phone . can anyone here help me on this issue I will be really glad

Thanks in advance

Re: HTC Hero unable to find ad-hoc network

I had a similar problem. I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note and its seems that Android default view does not allow ad-hoc networks. In fact it also has problems with some conventional wireless networks in which a loop is "looking for IP address". One program (wifi manager) that that lets you see the ad-hoc network, but cannot connect to it. If you try out it will give error what can be done for this issue please let us know

Android has a lot of trouble with ad hoc networks, and to get the ad hoc network to a PC as a wireless network router, it is complicated and only works with some wifi chips ...

Did you try to do the same by sharing the connection via usb to the pc itself?

Must be root and have installed the recovery mode .Also, worth mentioning that I have void . echo installed on my Lg optimus one (Android 2.2).The first thing you have to do is create an ad-hoc network on your computer that will share the internet. You must download this zip file to the root of your sdcard. Enter the recovery mode (with volume down button + home + power) and create a android backup, in case something will fail. In the recovery mode, select the flash option and select the file you downloaded recently. This replace the wpa-suplicant of our android and give us the ability to connect to Ad-hoc networks. Restart your phone and try to connect to ad-hoc network you created and you will see From now on ad-hoc networks that detects android will come out with an asterisk before the name. Example. "(*) Mi-network."

I hope that will help .

Well I have the same phone and was able to connect the access point at the office with no problems. How ever while trying to connect the how network on my laptop AD-HOC from xp, I was not able to find the wireless and that was same with the vista and Ubuntu on the brother and my father laptop . so how can I get rid of the problem can anyone here help

It is possible with few hack however you have need to flashing your phone a few times that stuff is bit risky and directly editing the wifi settings. I would like to tell you that you should get the cheap access point that will work atleast for like year or two and that will allow you to use the ALL wireless devices as well as any future wireless devices , you wont even required to switched your computer all the time .

I had this same issue on my phone few years ago and I was told that Android just doesn't do it. So I just stop trying now I am using the iPhone 4 and that works perfectly for me at the moment . look as if after this long the issue is still there

I guess there is free apps that can allow you to connect enable Wife Ad Hoc mode on Android devices. It might not support your device but you can disable the compatibility and give it a try . it will also create the back of the wifi setting to restore to the previous state. It worked on the HTC Desire and the Samsung Galaxy S I. you need to root the device and you will require BusyBox and Superuser. The name of the app us WiFi Ad Hoc enabler and you can get it on android market