Thread: SSD and RapidDrive doubts on Lenovo Ideapad y570

SSD and RapidDrive doubts on Lenovo Ideapad y570

I recently bought a new Lenovo Ideapad y570 with 500gb hard drive and 128gb SSD. I am planning to install Windows 7 and all its functions on the SSD. But there are some questions that I would like to ask. I want to know what files are served from the SSD and for that where can I get a software? Will I be able to pin file on the SSD making the files remaining always there? Thanks

Re: SSD and RapidDrive doubts on Lenovo Ideapad y570

You will have to reinstall Windows again on your SSD, there is no other way to copy the entire system on the SDD without it working properly. However, there is an option called RapidDrive for users with both an SSD and a mechanical hard drive. When I ordered this laptop from a shop then I asked them whether the OS will be installed on the SSD or hard drive and they said the OS will come preinstalled on the SSD.

Re: SSD and RapidDrive doubts on Lenovo Ideapad y570

In addition, the WEI rating for disk to have right of entry is 7.9, so I not be able to say that the RapidDrive is not doing a superior job. I had just presently anticipated that if moreover the SSD or the SATA fails in the future that with the intention of I be able to still recover cleanly. On a semi-related note, I tranquil not be able to locate anything on whether you be supposed to try to defrag through RapidDrive.

Even I got some questions on the rapiddrive on this laptop. I have read that both the SSD and HDD forms a virtual C: drive and I can see the 2 drives on the explorer. There is one 700gb+ and 60Gb+. How will I know if the RapidDrive is enabled or not? I also read that RapidDrive moving files to external hard drive plugged in the laptop?

You need to change the SSD to a basic disk to install Windows on it. To do that go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Disk Management. After that find the SSD, you can find out by its size. After that right click on Disk 0 and then select to covert to basic disk, if this option was not available and then select convert to Dynamic Disk and then try to right click again until you get the basic disk. After that you can see it in the partitions list and thus install Windows on it.