Thread: Need help in deleting Google map history?

Need help in deleting Google map history?

I have been using HTC Desire HD and I am not having any issues with the same but then I am willing to delete Google map histories, I don’t have much knowledge about the same and I have not yet found a way to do so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well???

Re: Need help in deleting Google map history?

I have been using HTC Desire HD and I am not having any issues with the same but then I am willing to delete Google map histories, I don’t have much knowledge about the same and I have not yet found a way to do so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well???
    I think that I can help you out here, you just have to open the maps and after that go in to menu>more>history>menu>more> and after that select the option clear history and you are done, just try out the same and then let me know if you have any further queries.

I am having HTC Droid Incredible and it setting seems like the above one but then when I am going in to menu>more>history>menu>more> then I am, not getting an option to clear the history and so like you have mentioned above, actually in my case it has imported some map history which appear to be associated with the gmail account but then they are of no use to me is there any other way by which I can clear them??? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

You can also do the same from your computer using the web browser, I mean that you have to Log in using the same gmail account that you access from your phone and then you can just manage the Google map from there. I have checked for you phone and the way to clear the history seem to be in the below path:
    Setting>general>search>Google Search settings>Manage Search History
    When you will click on the Manage Search History then you will get an browser and from there you can manage the google map.

I am not aware of the above one but then you can just go to home>settings>Applications> Manage applications> and after that just find google maps and after that just click on the Clear data. Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping or not. Best of luck.