Thread: How to Disable 3G data and enable Wifi data on T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone

How to Disable 3G data and enable Wifi data on T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone

I have recently bought T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone and I am currently in the Nigeria and here since the carriers are not having any data plans it is getting to expensive for me as they are just charging per KB of data, I was willing to use Wifi so I just downloaded Anycut and have also created a link to disable data but then when I am doing the same then I am not able to receive any data through Wifi, so I just wanted to know that is there anything that I can do to Disable 3G data and enable Wifi data??

Re: How to Disable 3G data and enable Wifi data on T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone

I have recently bought T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone and I am currently in the Nigeria and here since the carriers are not having any data plans it is getting to expensive for me as they are just charging per KB of data, I was willing to use Wifi so I just downloaded Anycut and have also created a link to disable data but then when I am doing the same then I am not able to receive any data through Wifi, so I just wanted o know that is there anything that I can do to Disable 3G data and enable Wifi data??
    I will suggest you to better download Droidsans Tweaks Lite and after that you can just disable the APN and if you want then you can just change the APN name so it will be considered as non-existent to get a data connection. Hope that helps.

Re: How to Disable 3G data and enable Wifi data on T-Mobile G1 Google Android Phone

If you want then you can also try download and install “switchpro” and after that you can just set 2 buttons for wifi and data, I think that this will be a better solution as it is quite simple as well, I have been using the same and it just works great, just check it out and I am sure that you will like it.

Even I need some help regarding the same, I mean regarding the Droidsans Tweaks Lite app actually I have installed the same but then it is appearing to be crashing when I am clicking on the "Activate" checkbox. I don’t know what is wrong with the same I mean that I was just trying to learn the way in which I have to get it to turn on and off and it crashed again, I have tried using the switchpro as well but then I have got the same response, I am really running out of ideas is there anything I can do about it??