Thread: lenovo ThinkPad T500 Power Manager 3.12 HDD Access Light always stays on

lenovo ThinkPad T500 Power Manager 3.12 HDD Access Light always stays on

I am having lenovo ThinkPad T500 and the problem that I am facing is that the Power Manager 3.12 HDD Access Light always stays on if "Automatic Optical Drive Power Off" option in the Power Manager setting is enabled and it works normally if it is disabled, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out with it???

re: lenovo ThinkPad T500 Power Manager 3.12 HDD Access Light always stays on

I am having lenovo ThinkPad T500 and the problem that I am facing is that the Power Manager 3.12 HDD Access Light always stays on if "Automatic Optical Drive Power Off" option in the Power Manager setting is enabled and it works normally if it is disabled, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can help me out with it???
    This might be due to a configuration issue just make sure that you are getting the latest version of the below apps:
    • Power Management driver
    • System interface driver
    • Hotkey utility

After that check out if the issue is getting solved or not.

I have tried that out but then it is not making any difference, I mean that I was suggested the same solution in some other forum as well and there were some more people having the similar issues but then there was no effective solution to solve this out, is there anything else that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have recently configured my laptop with the below items:
    • Power Manager 3.12
    • Power Management driver 1.60.0.4
    • Lenovo System Interface driver 1.0.1
    • Hotkey Utility 2.23.0000

Other than this I have also enabled the "Automatic Optical Drive Power Off" option for the battery as well as the AC and I am not having the same issue, just wanted to know that are you having the same configuration?? If not then try it out and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

I am not that sure about the configuration anyways I just wanted to know that how should I verify the versions of the software as you have mentioned them above, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Re: lenovo ThinkPad T500 Power Manager 3.12 HDD Access Light always stays on

You can easily check out the versions of the software in Add/remove programs
    For the Hotkey you will have to go in to the below registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and then check out for the hotkey. Hope that helps.