Thread: Aakash vs BSNL tablet

Aakash vs BSNL tablet

With BSNL launching some new low end tablets I am just wondering as if what are the new features in it. BSNL has recently said that it will be having tons of new features and good specifications compared to Aakash tablet. So I just want to know which one would be better for use. Well if we compare the price then aakash tablet is launched at a price range of Rs.2,500 while Bsnl’s low end tablet Penta IS701R is launched at a price of Rs. 3,499. While there are rest of them in the price of 10K and 13K as well. I just want to compare the low end bsnl tablet with the cheap Aakash tablet, so what do you think what can be the difference in them will Aakash be a winner or BSNL’s new tablet? I want your opinions on this, please comment.

Re: Aakash vs BSNL tablet

I would definitely opt for the BSNL one since I am fed up of the datawind people and also government officials saying that Aakash tablet will be available on this particular date and all. The aakash tablet was slated to be released on November and its approaching march now still I cant see the tablets being made available. So why should I go with those tablet manufacturers that don’t stick with their commitment. I would definitely be going with the BSNL tablet, the Penta IS701R which costs around Rs 3,499.

cool Re: Aakash vs BSNL tablet

Well if you look at the original aakash tablet then it does not have a good specification which can be even compared with any other tablets. So it is better not to compare them talking about the Aakash 2 tablet which is also known as Ubislate tablet, it has a Android 2.3 operating system and also Cortex A8-700 MHz processor with graphics accelerator. 256 MB of RAM and 2 GB of internal memory. What more can you ask from a tablet which is kept in a price range of Rs.2,900. I would be definitely going with the ubislate 7+, that’s it!

Dude Penta IS701R is a better tablet then the ubislate especially if you look at the specifications at that time you will understand what new features am I talking about. Penta IS701R is a 7 inch WiFi-only tablet with 800 x 600 pixel resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio, Android 2.3 operating system, it has a 1 GHz processor and 256 MB of RAM. plus it has a HDMI port. Other specification includes 3000 mAh battery and 2 GB internal memory and also a feature of expandable memory as well. so definitely I would say bsnl has a edge over it.

I would say it is too early to comment something as of now since both the tablets are not yet out and hence after a detailed review we can conclude that which one performs better, that’s all I can say.

If you all were not knowing then BSNL has launched more 2 models and they are named as Penta Tpad_ws704 and Penta Tpad WS802C respectively. Now the specifications is almost similar to Penta IS701R but in addition it will be having 3G connectivity , inbuilt A-GPS, an accelerometer, Bluetooth, 2 megapixel rear camera and a bigger 512 MB RAM for a smoother performance. Priced at Rs. 10,999. While Penta Tpad WS802C has 8 inch capacitive screen, sim card slot, 1.2 GHz processor, 4GB internal memory and same OS android 2.3. priced at Rs.13,500.

Aakash would be a big disaster I am sure about that especially looking at the processor that it is giving for a android operating system. I am sure it will lag a lot while working on it.

Following are the specification of BSNL Tablet

- CPU IMAP210 1GHz

- OS Android 2.3 Gingerbread

- RAM 256MB DDR2

- Internal memory 2GB; expandable upto 32GB via micro-SD card.

- LCD type and resolution 7-inch TFT, 16:9 wide-screen, 800 x 600 pixels, resistive screen.

- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n

- Camera Front facing, 0.3 Megapixel

- Flash support Adobe Flash 10.3

- G-sensor, for screen rotation and motion gaming

- Audio support MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, AAC, OGG, WAV