Thread: Power Schemes are missing from Lenovo Thinkpad T520 4240-4CG

Power Schemes are missing from Lenovo Thinkpad T520 4240-4CG

I have been using Lenovo Thinkpad T520 4240-4CG which is running on Windows 7 Pro 64bit and everything was working fine but then now after upgrading to the Thinkpad Power Manager latest 3.65 version I have found that the Power Schemes are missing, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving the issue???

Re: Power Schemes are missing from Lenovo Thinkpad T520 4240-4CG

I have been using Lenovo Thinkpad T520 4240-4CG which is running on Windows 7 Pro 64bit and everything was working fine but then now after upgrading to the Thinkpad Power Manager latest 3.65 version I have found that the Power Schemes are missing, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving the issue???
    I think that this might be because of duplicated schemes on the Registry as you have installed the latest version there might be some duplicated schemes just check out for the same and then delete them and just uninstall the Power Manager completely and make sure that you are doing a manual check for the possible entries on Registry, after removing all of them just restore the default scheme with powercfg and restoredefaultschemes, just perform the same and then post back the result that you get.

After you suggestion I have tried doing the same and now I am using default Windows Power manager but then what about the Thinkpad Power Manager, I have tried installing the same again but then I am still getting the same response even after cleaning the registry, I have found that the duplicated empty schemes appear again and I am not able to create a new Scheme on Thinkpad Power Manager, I have tried importing schemes from other machine as well but then I am not allowed to do the same, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue???

I have been facing the same issue and just to explore the same in a simple way I have re-installed the Thinkpad Power Manager and when now I am pressing Fn-F3 then I am getting a pop-up message saying "You are not authorized to display the panel for selecting a power scheme" and then it crashes and when it starts again then the power schemes are not there and there are fake scheme in the registry which reappear again as the above user has specified, is there anyone who can help me out as well???

I am not very sure but then I have found one mentioning that we should run the Power Manager with all the administrator privileges and then create power profile, there have been a no of such issues with the user who had created them without the administrator privileges, anyways just try to do the same and see if it is helping you all out or not.

I have tried doing the same but then it is just not making any difference, is there any other solution that I can try out, I really don’t want to reinstall the windows just for this software, is there any effective solution for this?? I have been looking after a solution for the same but then I have found more and more people having the same issue but then not even a single effective solution, I really want to solve it out somehow, any further help for this will be highly appreciated.