Thread: How to use multiple monitors in Dell Precision M4600

How to use multiple monitors in Dell Precision M4600

I have purchased the Dell Precision M4600 laptops (mobile workstation) in order to replace a workstation which is configured with multi-monitor. I need at least three monitors for managing the remote access sessions. It has AMD Eyefinity technology and you know that it can supports up to three simultaneous displays undocked and five total displays docked, I tried to configure multiple monitors using the E-port plus docking station but I got only laptop's display. I tried different ports but results are the same. Any possible solution?

Re: How to use multiple monitors in Dell Precision M4600

I'm assuming you need an active DP - DVI adapter.

I had the same kind of problem. In my case the 3 monitors + laptop screen working but when I connect 2 displays on the E-port to and one more to the VGA, I can get only 2 actual displays and 2 child displays. You can see it in the Nvidia control panel. This will make 2 very wide monitors. Then it treats as a individual monitors but never able to get the displays in sequence.

When I had this issue I have contacted the Dell tech support and looking on my own I got this. This dell laptop has an ATI card and for that you have to get the Active Displayport to Whatever adapters. I don’t know whether this works for Nvidia.

As far as I know that you can go up to 5 monitors (on the right docking station) due it ATI technology. On the notebook itself you can use the Display Port, HDMI and VGA. At ATI, I had run so far 1x VGA, 1x DVI and the notebook display. The Quadro go of my knowledge, only a maximum of 3 (with the laptop display). I have 2x 24 "with a display port and the laptop display running in the company.

The first notebook with ATI, I use both privately and on the couch in its study in the docking station. The second I use in the company with 2x 24 "monitor in a three-monitor operation. The M4600 is a perfect finish and superior to any of my notebooks that I had before. The perfect companion for CAD, CAM, video editing and.