Thread: Camera is not working and + F11 recovery is missing in Lenovo IdeaPad S10e after upgrading it to windows XP professional

Camera is not working and + F11 recovery is missing in Lenovo IdeaPad S10e after upgrading it to windows XP professional

I have been using Lenovo IdeaPad S10e and it had came preinstalled with windows xp but then I have now installed windows XP professional and since that the Camera is not working and + F11 recovery is missing as well, I can try out the recovery system as there is a need to press F11 for recovery is missing, so is there anyone who can help me out to get these working.

Re: Camera is not working and + F11 recovery is missing in Lenovo IdeaPad S10e after upgrading it to windows XP professional

I have been using Lenovo IdeaPad S10e and it had came preinstalled with windows xp but then I have now installed windows XP professional and since that the Camera is not working and + F11 recovery is missing as well, I can try out the recovery system as there is a need to press F11 for recovery is missing, so is there anyone who can help me out to get these working.
    I just wanted to know that have you tried Fn Esc to turn on the camera if not then try it out and see if it is working, I have tried to search for a driver for your camera but then I am not able to find it out as your camera driver is a generic one, the other thing I wanted to share is that if you are willing to try out the original factory setting then you can just press F11 after booting and wait for the recovery system to come up and see if you are getting it. Just try it out and then let me know if is helping. Best of luck.

Re: Camera is not working and + F11 recovery is missing in Lenovo IdeaPad S10e after upgrading it to windows XP professional

I have tried using the Fn Esc to turn on the camera but then it is just not making any difference, it seems as if the camera has turned dead but then I am not that sure about the same, As I had mentioned above the F11 recovery is missing and there is no use of press F11 for recovery at reboot and waiting, I have tried all that previously is there any other thing that I can try out to get them working again???

I have been looking after a solution for this and I have come across one and it says the below:
    • First just Download the Bison_UpdateTool_MultiLan_1404.exe
    • After that just navigate to the place where you have stores it and then click on Bison_UpdateTool_MultiLan_1404 icon
    • When the update is completed make sure that you are rebooting the system.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I have been facing the same issue and in my case usb camera is appearing in the My Computer and when I am trying out the test, after right clicking on it and selecting the properties and then clicking on the "test" button, it is passing the test without any issues but then when I am left clicking on the camera then I am just getting a blank display and no LED. I have tried out the above mentioned bison firmware upgrade as well and it did not made any difference, other than this I have also tried installing drivers from other netbooks and I have also tried using yawcam but then they are just not helping me out, is there anything else I can try out to get it working??

I think that you should try out the below Lenovo VeriFace and see if it is helping you out or not:

Just check it out and then post back the result that you get.

Thanks for the same but then I have tried installing the software that you have mentioned but then even it is not able to help me out and I am still getting gray square box, I have now tried out deleting the camera and USB device by going in to the device manager and then refreshed the System so that it gets the driver again but then even this trick did not made any difference, I am now tired of trying out solutions is there any effective solution that can help, I just wanted to get it working somehow please help!

Hey guys just go in to device manager and then right click on the camera and then select properties and then click on the hardware tab and after that just post here the device id and the hardware id that has been mentioned there, so I can check out for the appropriate drivers for them, just post them here for further help.

This is what I have got:
    Device ID
    • USB\VID_5986&PID_0241&MI_00\6&1502172B&0&0000

Hardware IDs...
    • USB\Vid_5986&Pid_0241&Rev_1404&MI_00
    • USB\Vid_5986&Pid_0241&MI_00

Juts check out for the same and see if you could help. Thanks in advance.