Thread: TV Overscan and Blu-ray TV Picture are not working properly with Lenovo IdeaPad Y570

TV Overscan and Blu-ray TV Picture are not working properly with Lenovo IdeaPad Y570

I have recently bought Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 and I am willing to use the same as Home Theater PC so I have connected it using HDMI cable to my Samsung TV but then in am having problem with TV Overscan and Blu-ray TV Picture, I mean that the when I am viewing anything on the TV then the screen is losing 5% on all edges but then everything appears to be fine on the laptop, other than this when I am playing Blu-ray movies on the TV then the center window where the movie is to be played is coming up black, I there anyone who can help me out with this issues??

Re: TV Overscan and Blu-ray TV Picture are not working properly with Lenovo IdeaPad Y570

I have recently bought Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 and I am willing to use the same as Home Theater PC so I have connected it using HDMI cable to my Samsung TV but then in am having problem with TV Overscan and Blu-ray TV Picture, I mean that the when I am viewing anything on the TV then the screen is losing 5% on all edges but then everything appears to be fine on the laptop, other than this when I am playing Blu-ray movies on the TV then the center window where the movie is to be played is coming up black, I there anyone who can help me out with this issues??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that which version of power dvd you are using? Just answer the same so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Re: TV Overscan and Blu-ray TV Picture are not working properly with Lenovo IdeaPad Y570

In my case I am having Cyberlink PowerDVD Vers. 10.0.2904.52, I also wanted to share that while playing Blu-ray movies on the TV then the center window appears to be black but then I am able to see the Pause, Chapter Skip, et icons which are there in the Lenovo Power DVD software on the screen, I have tried playing the same movies on Sony PS3 connected to the same tv and it was working fine without any such issues, I don’t know what’s wrong with the laptop, what do you think might be the possible cause of this issue???

I think that you should try out using WinDVD Pro 11, I think that this will help you out, you can just go through the short specification of the same and see if you find it interesting:
    • It is a DVD and Blu-ray player
    • It supports Blu-ray 3D and you also get a 3d glass with the deal
    • It has a New online movie search engine
    • It is capable of converting 2D to 3D

If you want then you can first check out the trail version of the same and then get the full version if you are finding it better.

You can try out the below workaround and see if it is helping:
    • First try to use vlc player
    • If that does not work then try to play the movie and after that press the Fn(function)+F2 and select the "Projector only" and see if it is making any difference.
    • If even that does not work then you can try to reboot in to bios and then check out for an option which might be related to the power and then choose LCD Only or Auto and then save the same and exit and then reboot the machine and then check if it is helping.

Just try out the above possible solutions and then post back the result that you get.

I think that a better idea will be trying out overscan compensation Fix software and you can just download it from the softpedia site, I have been using the same for connecting my laptop to the tv, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well.