Thread: HDMI port does not work with Dell inspiron n5010

HDMI port does not work with Dell inspiron n5010

I am using Dell inspiron n5010 laptop with windows vista operating system and I am facing problem while connecting my HD TV with my laptop with the help of HDMI cable. Whenever I connect my laptop with TV though HDMI at that time nothing happens. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: HDMI port does not work with Dell inspiron n5010

Well after going through your problem I would like to tell you that you should first try to connect your Dell laptop with your TV with the help of different HDMI cable and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not?

According to me you should first connect your TV with your Dell laptop and after that you to go to the display setting in your laptop and see whether there is any option for output to TV or not. You have to also make sure that you are using latest graphic drivers in your laptop.

You have to select Digital Television option from the Intel GMA Driver for Mobile setting and then you have to selt color quality to 32bit in display setting and after doing that you have to click on Ok and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? As far as I know your problem might get solved after trying this solution. If you need any more solution then let me know.

To select Digital Television option from the Intel GMA Driver for Mobile setting you have to follow these steps. You have to first right click on the desktop and then you have to go to select Digital Television option and after that you have to click on display setting and then you have to check whether 32 bit option is selected in color quality or not and after that you have to click on Ok button and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

You have to also try to connect your laptop with other TV and then check whether same problem occur with that TV or not? If same problem occurs with that TV also then problem is with your HDMI port otherwise something else is causing this problem.

I have tried different HDMI cable with my laptop but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by selecting the digital television option from graphic properties but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

You have mentioned that after connecting the laptop with other TV also you are facing same problem and changing HDMI cable does not help to solve this problem and I think problem is with the HDMI port in your laptop. You should contact Dell support and then tell them about problem which you are facing and then they will give you solution.