Thread: Dell Latitude E5510 built in microphone not working

Dell Latitude E5510 built in microphone not working

so just recently I have bought this laptop and now I am having problem with the built in microphone of that laptop . Doesn’t look as if that is a hardware issue. But reinstalled and updating the driver is not working at all . my laptop was infected by the virus and so I have to installed the antivirus program AVG , which removed spyware but since then I am not able to use the microphone at all . so is there anyone here can help me on this I would be really appreciating this

Thanks

Re: Dell Latitude E5510 built in microphone not working

Well I like to suggest you that you should see if microphone is installed by right clicking the speakers icon in the task bar and click on recording devices. That will show you that list of the microphones that are connected to the system. See if the micro phone connected the make it as the default device by right click it and choose "Set as default device or just hit the Set Default" button near the bottom right. Now hit the configure button on the bottom left and choose the microphone, it will show you the direction to configure mic follow it . after all that you will be able to know if it’s working .

Well i suggest that you should just reinstall the sound drives and see if that help you in any ways . and if this doesn’t help then you need to contact the support service or replace the microphone hope this help

I think this is because of the virus and spyware that might cause the problem , well I suggest you to either repair or just reinstalled the operating system that might help you to solve the problem

I think I am running out of the idea, I did every think that is suggested here but apparently anything is not helping here so please guys I don’t want to run around the service center . anyone with any suggest that may solve this issue I will be glad .

Go to the Drivers & Downloads on the dell website and get all the required driver for your laptop may be this will solve the issue . here is the link that will help you