Thread: Dell XPS L702X Digital sound output

Dell XPS L702X Digital sound output

Does anybody be familiar with how to get digital sound output from Dell XPS L702X. The laptop has the regular 3.5mm audio jack in it. And this socket does look to be having a digital output. I want some help to get digital sound output from the same. I am trying to use a 5.1 audio speakers on it. But it is not working at all. The sound output on my friends pc which has a creative sound-blaster card is far more better.

Re: Dell XPS L702X Digital sound output

To get the digital audio output you require that specific hardware. Or else it is not going to work. It is a bit complicated to get the same from regular 3.6mm audio port. You can find ample of portable devices from the market which are capable of giving you smart audio quality. There are nice usb audio jacks available which are more than enough to fix the problem. You can simply go ahead with any cheaper model in the market.

From laptop we have very few options through which we can simply get digital audio. It entirely depend on the on board audio chip. If that is analog then you wont get digital output from the same. I had not seen any laptop model till know that really comes with a 7.1 audio channel. Compare to that if you have a desktop then it is far better. Because there you have upgrade choices. You can add or remove specific hardware and get the best out of the same.

I had tested a few portable usb audio adapters that promise to give nice digital sound output, but I am not surely happy with that. There are cheaper models available in the market, but they are not so great. They remain low on audio quality and does not work well if you do not have proper drivers. It is right that you have much more options available on the desktop pc. Because here you can simply apply a good sound card.