Thread: Realtek HD Audio Manager consuming 13% cpu in my dell XPS 15 L502X

Realtek HD Audio Manager consuming 13% cpu in my dell XPS 15 L502X

I own a Dell XPS 15 L502X laptop. It is having a Core i7-2720QM processor with 8GB of ram on the same. The configuration here is quiet high. But somehow I do not think the system is working fine. The ram consumption here is high. Only audio manager in the system is consuming around 13% of total processing power. While other services are consuming less than that. I am unable to figure why the audio service is consuming so much amount of processing power. This is really weird. Is this some kind of security threat.

It is not a serious threat or some kind of problem. You must simply ignore that. If you are still worried about the background processes then there is one more thing you can do. You can download and install process explorer in your system. This tool will give you all detailed information on the background processes and on that basis you can disable or turn stuff off. This is the easiest way to fix the issue. Process explorer is the best way to find out what is working in the background.

In my case Explorer.exe is simply consuming a huge amount of ram. For getting better performance I bought a 2GB of ram stick more and added that in the system and then it looks to be working fine. Explorer.exe itself consume around 60% of my ram and does not work well. I have to restart my pc. So this look like some kind of windows application itself eats a good amount of ram to function. While in your cause you have minimal ram usage.

Sometime virus or malware cause high ram usage. It simply uses the service and increase your system resources. You can simply go ahead and terminate that process to get rid of the issue. The best thing you can do is run system restore which is the easiest way to fix problem. This will simply restore old settings of your system making it more better. But this is just a temporary solution. It is not going to release any kind of threat or virus from the system.