Thread: New Tablet Interface of Firefox Mobile

New Tablet Interface of Firefox Mobile

Can anyone over here let me know if the new tablet interface has any requirements? As I am not able to see the new interface on HP Touchpad with Android 2.3 gingerbread. I have also tried to install the new interface and also tried to clean all the data in my touchpad but it didn’t work for me.

Re: New Tablet Interface of Firefox Mobile

An essential feature of the new interface is a method of working with tabs. In the menu bar is just one button that is responsible for working with them. It hides all your open tabs. When clicking on it opens a drop-down list that displays all your open tabs and allows you to create a new tab. Apparently, the new tablet interface will be released simultaneously with Firefox version 6.

Maybe now finally an efficient Firefox. I tried a while the mobile version, but I cannot say that it works nice. In addition, the add-on support is nice, but enough add-ons that simply do not or hardly working. Sync is funny, but how often it is useful to your tabs on your mobile home? I usually do something else as mobile behind my PC.

I am syncing tabs quite useful, especially for my work. It happened often enough that I'm sitting at home or on the road and find a site with a solution to a problem. Or the other way that I work on my phone or go see a site and I want home again quietly behind my PC. These websites are not always as easy to view on a phone or the 3G network is just not that good movies and such so you do not like watching.

The Mobile Firefox developers have already taken the First Steps toward implementing the new user interface. It landed this week and is available for testing in the latest Firefox nightly builds for Android Mobile. I installed it on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet to see how it compares to previous iterations of the Firefox Mobile user interface.

Mozilla needs these user interface for Android Tablets on not to fall behind. The user interface was originally intended to be integrated in Firefox in early July, and seems to be lagging behind Mozilla's schedule for several weeks. But given the fact that there is still no real "killer" tablet on Android, the Apple runs iPads in a big way to the rank, there are Mozilla is no compelling reason to feature in a hurry to throw it on the market.

The Mobile Firefox developers have already taken the First Steps toward implementing the new user interface. It landed this week and is available for testing in the latest Firefox nightly builds for Android Mobile. I installed it on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet to see how it compares to previous iterations of the Firefox Mobile user interface.

Mozilla needs these user interface for Android Tablets on not to fall behind. The user interface was originally intended to be integrated in Firefox in early July, and seems to be lagging behind Mozilla's schedule for several weeks. But given the fact that there is still no real "killer" tablet on Android, the Apple runs iPads in a big way to the rank, there are Mozilla is no compelling reason to feature in a hurry to throw it on the market.

In addition to carrying out activities aimed at increasing the stability and bug fixes in the Add-on SDK 1.1 introduces the following innovations:
    - Contextual menu module supports the ability to add images to the menu;
    - The developers have improved the process of conversion and porting modules that use the object "Components" in the process of transfer of additions based on XUL / XPCOM technology to Jetpack (instructions require ("chrome") will provide an opportunity to avoid the inference errors associated with this module);
    - During the build option is enabled by default "- strip-xpi", which allows to reduce the size of generated applications.

After, although I'm also a fan of Firefox as I was before (I do not use nearly over), Firefox has a good dose of plugin. So potentially, these plugins can walk on the mobile version, and the ability to customize a bit your browser may have an interest. After, must also see the response time and load the mobile version of Firefox. It is, he is more powerful than Google. Well anyway, there are more competitors, the better.