Thread: Getting Weird Black Screen While Playing Game on Dell XPS M1330

Getting Weird Black Screen While Playing Game on Dell XPS M1330

I have been using Dell XPS M1330 and from some days the problem that I am facing is that whenever I am playing game on it then after some times the screen is turning black and this time I am not getting any audio but then the Wi-Fi light stays on, the fans work and I am able to see the light that says computer is on, I am just facing the issue when I am playing games and not all the time. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??

Re: Getting Weird Black Screen While Playing Game on Dell XPS M1330

I have been using Dell XPS M1330 and from some days the problem that I am facing is that whenever I am playing game on it then after some times the screen is turning black and this time I am not getting any audio but then the Wi-Fi light stays on, the fans work and I am able to see the light that says computer is on, I am just facing the issue when I am playing games and not all the time. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??
    You problem seems to be because of overheating and all, did you checked out the temperature before it happens, if not then c heck it out and see if you are finding the temps to be suspicious, also let me know the solution that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be just a waste of time.

I have not tried much solutions rather than rebooting the machine but then I am sure that there is no issues like overheating and all as I have been checking out the temps after starting the machine for some time and the gpu stays at 60 degrees (Celsius) where as the CPU stays at 30-45 degrees (Celsius), I don’t think that this is suspicious. Is there any other solution that I can try out the track down the actual cause of this issue??

The other thing that you can try out is attach an external monitor to you screen and then try to recreate the same issue again and when the screen goes black then just switch the output to external monitor (Fn + F8) and see if you are able to get any image on the external monitor, if you don’t get any image then there is something wrong with the graphic card, I meant that it might be dying and if you get an image then there is something wrong with your notebook monitor and you will have to get it repaired, just check out the same and see what you get.

I have tried following the workaround you have mentioned and I had just hooked up my tv to the laptop and when I recreated the same screen then the tv screen was also black and after some time the tv screen turned blank and started displaying that there was no signal, now I am not sure what is actually wrong??? What do you think about the same??? Any further help for this will be appreciated.

This indicated that the graphic card is turning bad and you will have to get a new one, I think that you should better go for a new system rather than investing in the mainboard again, the Dell XPS M1330 seems to be quite old, anyways it’s all up to you, I was just giving you a suggestion. Best of luck.