Thread: Not able to install Dell Vostro 1015 sound driver

Not able to install Dell Vostro 1015 sound driver

I have been using Dell Vostro 1015 which is running on windows xp sp2 and I have recently formatted and have loaded all the drivers as well but then when I am trying to install the sound driver then I am getting an error message saying "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver". Is there anyone who can help me in installing it??

Re: Not able to install Dell Vostro 1015 sound driver

I have been using Dell Vostro 1015 which is running on windows xp sp2 and I have recently formatted and have loaded all the drivers as well but then when I am trying to install the sound driver then I am getting an error message saying "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver". Is there anyone who can help me in installing it??
    I will suggest you to better go to the below link and then check out for the drivers using the service tag and then select the appropriate driver for the windows xp sp2 and see if you are able to install it, the other thing that I wanted to share is that as you have done a fresh installation make sure that you are first installing notebook system software and then rebooting the machine and after that install the chipset and then reboot the machine again and then try to install the sound drivers, just try it out and then let me know if this solution is helping or not.

I have tried following the solution that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference in my case even after downloading the drivers from the dell site I am getting the same error message saying "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver", is there any other solution that I can try out, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

If the above solution is not helping you out even after getting the updated drivers from the dell site then I think that you should better contact the official dell tech support and see what they have to say about it. Just contact them and they will help you out.

You can very well contact the tech support but then before that you can try to follow the below solution and see if it is helping: