Thread: Dell Inspiron 1525 Microphone Array is disabled

Dell Inspiron 1525 Microphone Array is disabled

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron 1525 and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know how the Microphone Array got disabled and now I am not finding out a way to enable the same, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Microphone Array is disabled

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron 1525 and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know how the Microphone Array got disabled and now I am not finding out a way to enable the same, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    In that case you can try out the solution that has been mentioned below:
    • First just open the Dell Webcam Center and then navigate to the bottom right corner and there you will find Audio Source.
    • So just click on the Microphone/Line and then click on more and then just select Microphone Array (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC).
    • When the source will display Microphone Array (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) then microphone will get enabled.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I am not aware of the above solution but then if you are running windows xp then you can try out the below solution:
    • First right click on the volume control and open it and then go in to options > properties > and after that just select the recording radio button and also make sure that you are checking out the mic as well and then click on ok.
    • Now you can just Increase the volume and can use the sound recorder in accessories and check out the mic, just perform it out and see if it is helping.

I have tried out both the solutions that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference, is there any other solution that I can try out to enable the Microphone Array, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

If the above solutions are not working out them you can just try out this solution and see if it is helping:
    Just go in to control panel and then double click on the sound sound>click the recording tab at top> and then the Microphone will be shown in the new window with a green check on it, so now just Double click on the microphone and then click on the bottom device usage tab and then enable the same and then click on apply and then close the window. I had used this solution in my case and this has really helped me out. This solution should probably help you out as well.

I have tried out all the solutions that have been mentioned above and below is the response that I have got:
    1. The very first solution gave me a navy screen but then there was no audio source button.
    2. I am having windows vista and maybe that’s why I did not helped.
    3. Third solution had led me to the option where I can reselect the Microphone Array option but then it is appearing to be grayed out.

I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do, is there any other effective workaround that I can try out???

In that case you should better try out uninstalling and then reinstalling the audio driver along with the integrated webcam driver as well as the webcam manager and check out if they are making any difference, you can refer to the below link for the drivers:

I have tried out the below solution to solve the same issue in my case, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping:
    • Go in to Control Panel and then click on "Hardware and Sound" and then tap on the Sound tab and click on "Manage audio devices".
    • After that click on the Recording tab and then right click on the dialog box and select Show disabled devices and then Left click on Microphone array and then click on Properties.
    • Now near the Device Usage just click on the arrow that will be pointing downwards and then just select the "use this device(enable)" option and proceed with clicking on ok and applying and you are done.