Thread: Getting Sound from speaker as well as Headphone when plugging Headphone in Dell Inspiron N5010

Getting Sound from speaker as well as Headphone when plugging Headphone in Dell Inspiron N5010

I am having Dell Inspiron N5010 and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and now when I am plugging headphone then I am getting sound from headphone as well as the speakers and not just from the headphones, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out??

Re: Getting Sound from speaker as well as Headphone when plugging Headphone in Dell Inspiron N5010

I am having Dell Inspiron N5010 and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and now when I am plugging headphone then I am getting sound from headphone as well as the speakers and not just from the headphones, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out??
    I have found some others as well facing the same issue with the Dell Inspiron N5010 but then I have found the following to solutions to be solving out this issue:
    • Updating the IDT audio driver
    • If that does not work then just uninstall and then delete the IDT audio driver and after that install the generic Windows audio driver.

Just check it out and then let me know of the above possible solution is helping you out or not.

Re: Getting Sound from speaker as well as Headphone when plugging Headphone in Dell Inspiron N5010

I was having the same issue previously and I was trying out a no solution but then later I found that there were some other programs that were controlling sound, in my case it was steam program and when I turned off the same then the issue was solved, I am not very sure if you are having the same case but then you can at least check it out.

I am not very sure if it is a hardware issue or a software issue but then you can just follow the instructions in the below article and then find out the same, just perform the steps that has been mentioned there are let me know what you get.