Thread: No sound from speakers in Dell Inspiron N5030

No sound from speakers in Dell Inspiron N5030

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron N5030 and it has been just a week and everything was working fine as well but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I now I am not getting sound from the speakers but then in am getting sound in the headphone, I am really running out of ideas and I am not able to track out the actual cause of this issue, I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the realtek drivers but then it is just not helping, is there anyone who can help me out with the same?

Re: No sound from speakers in Dell Inspiron N5030

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron N5030 and it has been just a week and everything was working fine as well but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I now I am not getting sound from the speakers but then in am getting sound in the headphone, I am really running out of ideas and I am not able to track out the actual cause of this issue, I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the realtek drivers but then it is just not helping, is there anyone who can help me out with the same?
    I was facing the same issue previously and had tried to uninstall and then reinstall the driver but then it had not helped. Later just updating the driver to the latest had solved out the issue, if you have not yet tried out the same then trying it out and seeing if it is helping you out as well or not. Best of luck.

I Think that you might be lucky with the solution that you have tried but then I have already tried updating the drivers and also reinstalling them several times but then it is just not making any difference in my case, I don’t think that there is something wrong with the drivers but then it is appearing to be some kind of hardware issue to me, I am not too sure about the same as well but then is there any workaround that I can try out to confirm the same?? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

If you are sure that the drivers are not making any difference then there are possibilities that there might be sense pin issue, you can try out the below solution to find out the same:
    • First reboot the machine and then tap f12 when it starts to boot and after that Select 'Diagnostic' from the boot menu, now you will hear some sounds but then it is not actually testing the audio hardware it is just run the PSA also know as pre-boot assessment tests.
    • Later after the pre-boot assessment testDell Diagnostics will get opened but then if you might have reformatted the hard drive then you won’t get Dell Diagnostics option and if it is so then you will have to run it from the Drivers using the cd that you might have got with the laptop.
    • Now just select the Custom and then the audio test will start and then check out if you are getting sound from the speakers or not, so here if you are able to hear the audio for the time and not after reboot then there is something wrong with the software, if not then there is something wrong with the hardware probably the speaker and you will have to get it replaced.

Just check it out and then let me know what you get.