Thread: Dell studio 1555 is making cracking sound and giving burning essence

Dell studio 1555 is making cracking sound and giving burning essence

I have been using Dell studio 1555 and everything was working fine with it but then I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and I have found that it is making cracking noise and I am also getting burning essence from the left side of my laptop, I have found that the cracking noise goes away when the battery is removed, I am using it without the battery to avoid the issue but then I am not able to track out the actual cause of this issue, is there any workaround that I can try out??

Re: Dell studio 1555 is making cracking sound and giving burning essence

I have been using Dell studio 1555 and everything was working fine with it but then I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and I have found that it is making cracking noise and I am also getting burning essence from the left side of my laptop, I have found that the cracking noise goes away when the battery is removed, I am using it without the battery to avoid the issue but then I am not able to track out the actual cause of this issue, is there any workaround that I can try out??
    I think that there is some kind of hardware issue from the battery side, if you are able to perform a test by arranging a similar battery then check it out and see if it is making any difference, if not then better contact the service center and see what they have to say about the same, the burning essence can be too dangerous better get it check out as soon as possible.

I have checked out the battery and I have not found any instance of burn on it and neither in the place where it fits, I am not under warranty as it has been more than I year and 6 months, I had not yet faced any issues till now this is the first time that I am facing this, just wanted to know that is there any solution that I can try out myself to track out the culprit??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

As you have said that you have noticed the sound coming from the left side of your laptop, I think that there is something wrong with the speakers, possibly they might be getting shorted out, if you want to try out a workaround to confirm the same then just disconnecting the speaker cable of your laptop and then see if you are able to get the burning essence, if you don’t them you know who is the culprit. You can just go through the instructions below for doing the same:
    Dell studio 1555 Service Manual
    Just try it out and then let me know if it is solving out the issue. Best of luck.