Thread: Dell Inspiron 1440 Integrated webcam is missing

Dell Inspiron 1440 Integrated webcam is missing

I have been using Dell Inspiron 1440 and it was working well by now but then the problem that I am facing now is that Integrated webcam gets disappear and when I am not able to find it out in other programs as well, It is still under the warranty and I have contacted the dell support as well and they said me to bring it back to their service center for the query but then I just want to know if there is any workaround that I can try out before sending my laptop to them.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1440 Integrated webcam is missing

I have been using Dell Inspiron 1440 and it was working well by now but then the problem that I am facing now is that Integrated webcam gets disappear and when I am not able to find it out in other programs as well, It is still under the warranty and I have contacted the dell support as well and they said me to bring it back to their service center for the query but then I just want to know if there is any workaround that I can try out before sending my laptop to them.
    Before I suggest you something about the same, I just want to know that have you updated to the latest driver for the same , if not then try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference or not, other than this also let me know what all solutions you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be a waste of time.

I have already tried out the below solution but then it is not making any difference:
    • I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers and I have also installed the latest driver for the same as well.
    • Other than this I have also reinstall the windows.

Is there any other thing that I can try out to get it working??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you should better try out the Troubleshooting method, just follow the below link and see if is helping:

If the above solution is not helping you and if you are under the warranty period then you should better try to contact the Dell Tech Support. And see what they have to say about the same, there are possibilities that this might be because of hardware issue, I mean that the webcam might have gone faulty and so.