Thread: No audio after connecting DELL Latitude E6410 with TV via DisplayPort to HDMI converter

No audio after connecting DELL Latitude E6410 with TV via DisplayPort to HDMI converter

From last few months I am using DELL Latitude E6410 laptop and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. When I connect my laptop with my TV using DisplayPort to HDMI converter at that time I don’t get audio. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: No audio after connecting DELL Latitude E6410 with TV via DisplayPort to HDMI converter

Well according to me you have to first try to connect your laptop with your TV by using different DisplayPort to HDMI converter and then see whether you are facing this problem or not. if you are not facing same problem after that then it means problem is with your converter only.

Re: No audio after connecting DELL Latitude E6410 with TV via DisplayPort to HDMI converter

I have referred your problem and I would like to tell you that if you have Nvidia graphics then you should open device manager in your laptop and after opening device manger you have to check whether “Nvidia HD audio” is listed there or not. normally you can find it under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. If Nvidia HD audio is not listed there then that you have to visit official site of the Nvida and then download latest drivers and then install it in your laptop and after installing the latest drivers you have to restart your laptop and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not?

In device manger Nvidia HD audio is there and I have also tried to solve this problem by updating the drivers but that does not help me to solve this problem. now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the DisplayPort to HDMI converter but after that also result was same. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

I have fixed similar problem by selecting the TV as default device in Nvidia setting. First I thought that problem is with the converter but after trying different converter also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have selected TV as default device and then problem get solved. You should also try this solution.

Yes I will also suggest you the same. You have to first open Nvidia control panel in your laptop and then you have to go to the HD audio setting and after going in to the HD audio setting you have to select TV as default device and then click on OK. Now after that you have to check whether you are getting sound from TV or not? I hope this solution will fix the problem.