Thread: Keyboard backlight not working on Dell Studio XPS 1645

Keyboard backlight not working on Dell Studio XPS 1645

hi guys
    my Dell Studio XPS 1645 Keyboard backlight is not working anymore . the Fn key are working and the right arrow key as well is working which is used in the controlling back-lighting I don’t know what the reason might but I have recently flashing to the A07 bios and upgraded to the new power supply mailed out by Dell. Is there anyone help me out , will be appreciated this afford.

Re: Keyboard backlight not working on Dell Studio XPS 1645

I have the similar issue when I do "Fn + ->" I can see an icon that appears on my screen showing me that my backlight is active. But there is no light in my keyboard. So I wonder if it was an option or if all the studio like this.

it seems that users have complained that the keyboard does not work: it is normal, the operation is not automatic. While some manufacturers to incorporate a light sensor which activates the keyboard (Apple, Microsoft or Logitech, for example), Dell forced to use a key combination (Fn + Right). And it looks like press two buttons simultaneously, it is a difficult concept

I guess that the Keyboard backlight on your Dell Studio XPS 1645 got defective and that it why probably it was not working , I suggest you to take your laptop to the service center and get it repaired form there .

I had the same issued and when I called the dell support they fixed the issue on my computer , the problem was that my laptop keyboard wire was loosen and now it got fixed , working properly with no issue

Well I suggest to upgrade the driver for the keyboard just go to the Drivers & Downloads on dell website and then enter the service tag number. Under applications, download and install Dell QuickSet. If for some reason it get uninstalled it stops those functions.

Thanks for the reply, I have exactly done what you said and I got the quickset drivers, uninstalled the present quickset, and new installed the present quickset drivers with reboots . among each step. That help me to get the backlight buttons back but it is still unresponsive. I got to the Windows Mobility Center and checked my keyboard backlighting settings but they have the backlighting, bright, and never off, options all selected, is there anyone here help me on this

Hope his help

• Just Click in the battery icon
    • Now Click the Windows Mobility Center
    • Over there you need to Adjust the Keyboard Brightness to the a higher level
    • After that the keyboard should be backlit